Reactions
You were shooting 50-100K rds of handgun a year??? Pro's I mean National/World Champion level shooters rarely have that kind of average. Have we heard of you under another name? Are you a pro shooter?

I was a sponsored shooter for almost 10 years, I competed at Rio Salado regularly at Tuesday night steel and the Sat. IPSC matches for years. Attended the Area 2 matches at Rio and had some top level finishes. I also competed at my home range for years up here in the high country during that time as well, not all shooters use a "set amount" of ammunition for training and matches, Its what I used for "MY" practice and matches, some will use less others maybe more.

Last Edited:
Reactions
There were times in my career when breaking in a new gun or training a new shooter to shoot 1-2000rds in a day as well, just depended on what we were doing at the time.

Reactions
I was shooting over 1000 rounds per week but my shooting buddy quit shooting so now I only go 1 day a week and manage about 500 rounds of .22. I also shoot two Steel Challenge Matches each month. I still have enough ammo for a year but after that I hope things change and I can buy more at a decent price.

At Ben Avery With Mamba.jpg

Reactions
No shooting buddy around here, so I don't shoot that much at all... pitiful considering the mag-dumps I used to make for the major military rounds bought by the case(s). AK, AR, M1A, FAL, HK91, BHP, 1911, assorted Rugers.. <heavy sigh> Between ammo shortages, advancing age and fewer places to shoot even in this largely rural county comprised mainly of public land... have gotten out of the habit, which once would have been unthinkable. Time to gtho of now-liberal Colorado.

Reactions
No shooting buddy around here, so I don't shoot that much at all... pitiful considering the mag-dumps I used to make for the major military rounds bought by the case(s). AK, AR, M1A, FAL, HK91, BHP, 1911, assorted Rugers.. <heavy sigh> Between ammo shortages, advancing age and fewer places to shoot even in this largely rural county comprised mainly of public land... have gotten out of the habit, which once would have been unthinkable. Time to gtho of now-liberal Colorado.
I know exactly how you feel..... and it is sad. :(

Latest Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads