JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You were shooting 50-100K rds of handgun a year??? Pro's I mean National/World Champion level shooters rarely have that kind of average. Have we heard of you under another name? Are you a pro shooter?

I was a sponsored shooter for almost 10 years, I competed at Rio Salado regularly at Tuesday night steel and the Sat. IPSC matches for years. Attended the Area 2 matches at Rio and had some top level finishes. I also competed at my home range for years up here in the high country during that time as well, not all shooters use a "set amount" of ammunition for training and matches, Its what I used for "MY" practice and matches, some will use less others maybe more.

Last Edited:
I was shooting over 1000 rounds per week but my shooting buddy quit shooting so now I only go 1 day a week and manage about 500 rounds of .22. I also shoot two Steel Challenge Matches each month. I still have enough ammo for a year but after that I hope things change and I can buy more at a decent price.

At Ben Avery With Mamba.jpg

No shooting buddy around here, so I don't shoot that much at all... pitiful considering the mag-dumps I used to make for the major military rounds bought by the case(s). AK, AR, M1A, FAL, HK91, BHP, 1911, assorted Rugers.. <heavy sigh> Between ammo shortages, advancing age and fewer places to shoot even in this largely rural county comprised mainly of public land... have gotten out of the habit, which once would have been unthinkable. Time to gtho of now-liberal Colorado.

No shooting buddy around here, so I don't shoot that much at all... pitiful considering the mag-dumps I used to make for the major military rounds bought by the case(s). AK, AR, M1A, FAL, HK91, BHP, 1911, assorted Rugers.. <heavy sigh> Between ammo shortages, advancing age and fewer places to shoot even in this largely rural county comprised mainly of public land... have gotten out of the habit, which once would have been unthinkable. Time to gtho of now-liberal Colorado.
I know exactly how you feel..... and it is sad. :(

Haven't been out for over a year, but I do take great satisfaction that every round from my scary-looking rifle with its "500-bullet clip and a silencer" (aka 20-round magazine and birdcage flash suppressor) makes dimwit, firearms-ignorant liberals fill their BVDs. Liberals are pishing and moaning over how they "lost a basic human Right" when the Supreme Court sent the abortion question back to the States, yet they are relentless when it comes to efforts to reduce or to destroy my Second Amendment Rights-- which are specifically enumerated in the Constitution. This should tell us that the Criminal Left Party has no genuine use for the Constitution; they pick and choose which Rights to recognize and which to ignore. I like to think that if Jefferson was here in these present days and was aware of Chucky Bullschumer's attacks on the Constitution he'd draw his flintlock pistol and shoot Chucky good & dead, right there in the Well of the Senate...

After a long hiatus, my shooting hobbies have picked up considerably these last couple of years.
Over the last 12 months I've shot a lot more than the previous 2 decades.

F Class rounds (600 yds) 1000 ish 6mm BR, 6SLR & 6.5CM
22LR Benchrest 500 ish but likely to taper off and stick to varmint hunting.
Varmint rounds 500 ish 17HMR, 22LR, 22 WMR, 223, 22-250, 243
Pistol rounds 1000 ish 9mm, 38/357, 40sw, 10mm, 45 acp, 44 Mag. Shop for 9mm and reload everything else

.410 rounds absolutely zero due to low ammo
12 gauge 250 rounds skeet, clays, trap

Keep thinking I'll get back into 30 cal shooting and reloading but haven't yet.

I'm trying to take every gun I have out of the safe, clean & inspect, load, shoot, and find accurate loads while taking notes this time so I don't have to reinvent the recipes every few years.

I like to think that if Jefferson was here in these present days and was aware of Chucky Bullschumer's attacks on the Constitution he'd draw his flintlock pistol and shoot Chucky good & dead, right there in the Well of the Senate...
I know John Adams would. I once read that Adams was so supportive of the Constitution that he rolled-up a copy of it and started swatting some idiot with it whom wasn't as adamant about it as was Adams. That's the kind of President we need in these modern days...

I know John Adams would. I once read that Adams was so supportive of the Constitution that he rolled-up a copy of it and started swatting some idiot with it whom wasn't as adamant about it as was Adams. That's the kind of President we need in these modern days...
I couldn't agree more we need a leader not a shuffler and a open air handshaker

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top