JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
One sniper can keep a family pinned down to where nothing gets done. How many are you going to need to flush him out and still get daily activities accomplished and keep the compound secure from his buddies ? what is the smallest soze tribe you figure you need to hold your position ?

I haven't really thought about this a whole lot. Too few and you can't get jobs done, too many and i'd be concerned about people getting along and possible dissent. I'll pull the number 5 out and see what others chime in with.

A light fire team (3-5) ought to be enough. I'd try to ply the sniper with liquor first. I also try to look like I'm not worth a bullet. (It worked for me as a grunt in VN.)

I recall ferfal ... Bosnia ... talking about several families banding together on same street, and need for 24/7 sentries, scavengers, traders, snipers, cooks, medical, repair. As I recall he talked about making it look unappealing, as Cliph noted, even to the point of dragging dead bodies onto the property. It seemed like a lot of different tasks were needed 24/7 and he never really spoke of a size unit needed to accomplish the job. Snipers were the biggest problem during the day, was his thought, as I recall. That means hunkering down during the day and collecting food, repairs/modifications to home compound and bartering trade goods as night time activities. No matter how remote one thinks they are, they will have vistors sooner, or later I'm thinking.

I recall ferfal ... Bosnia ... talking about several families banding together on same street, and need for 24/7 sentries, scavengers, traders, snipers, cooks, medical, repair. As I recall he talked about making it look unappealing, as Cliph noted, even to the point of dragging dead bodies onto the property. It seemed like a lot of different tasks were needed 24/7 and he never really spoke of a size unit needed to accomplish the job. Snipers were the biggest problem during the day, was his thought, as I recall. That means hunkering down during the day and collecting food, repairs/modifications to home compound and bartering trade goods as night time activities. No matter how remote one thinks they are, they will have vistors sooner, or later I'm thinking.

I'm always surprised people don't pay more attention to real-world scenarios in parts of the world where SHTF scenarios are/have happened. Lots of excellent info.

Some snipers at work in Sarajevo.. using bolt scoped hunting rifles, old 8mm Mausers (prolific there at the time), and of course SKS and AKs. Saw one scoped by the armory with a scope set up in meters- scope was from some Euro country, I want to say Germany, and was just the titz... I was not there as US military, and support the Serbs- who IMO got the scheisse end of the stick. I believe that US policy toward the eastern Slavs is wrong-headed and will come to no good results.

Where I live there is a lot of brush so having the baddies get pretty close is way to uncomfortable. I can hear a motor for 10 minutes before it gets to me. So I am working up a 12 gauge round with different sized pellets. Centered around 00 buck.
I played around with BB's (ya the steel ones) with my 20 gauge and I could cut a 2x4 in half at about 10 feet. Not much good in the real world. Not enough pellets for real danger.

I am hoping that when the SHTF my buddy and I will be able to get together at my house. Thinking about a group size I would think 5-7 other wise you will never get any real rest. This is a marathon we are thinking about not a sprint.

One sniper can keep a family pinned down to where nothing gets done. How many are you going to need to flush him out and still get daily activities accomplished and keep the compound secure from his buddies ? what is the smallest soze tribe you figure you need to hold your position ?
One guy & this drone

One guy & this drone

Interesting that the FAA somehow knew the video was in a park in Connecticut' How do you think they figured that out?

""The FAA will investigate the operation of an unmanned aircraft system in a Connecticut park to determine if any Federal Aviation Regulations were violated. The FAA will also work with its law enforcement partners to determine if there were any violations of criminal statutes.""

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top