JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have taken over 50 classes covering carbine, handgun and shotgun. I feel it is vital for an instructor to take other instructor classes to become a better teacher. No one way is always correct.

Yearly training is a great idea, I have around 12 classes I have taken over the years form basic rifle, shotgun, pistol, and muzzle loading Black powder firearms through the NRA and Scouts including instructor for each discipline. I have attended classes at Defensive Firearms Training DFT for carbine and defensive pistol. In the last 3-4 years I have gone to Front Sight in Pahrump, NV. for 2&4 day Rifle Marksmanship, 2&4 day Defensive Handgun, 2& 4 day Practical Rifle and plan to continue going down every chance I get. If any members want more information or a membership for Front Sight feel free to contact me. Training helps improve your skills and knowledge, to point out areas that need improvement to gain accuracy and balance in any platform. Fundamentals are the cornerstone of your knowledge, and safe use of your firearms. So train, practice safely as often as you can afford to. Without proper training your best will probably not get you home or put meat on your table.

Sometimes the weapon just needs training. It's taken 30+ years and the expenditure of roughly 40k rounds for my Ruger P85 to figure out how to hit where I am aiming...
With all due respect, the firearm is just a tool. The man behind the firearm directs what that tool will do. Any good instructor and some dry firing would have saved you 39,500 rounds to find out how to make POA = POI. Unless you were joking; then it was funny.

The man behind the firearm directs what that tool will do.
NOT if the tool is a Black Rifle. Fat-bottom Feinswine and Chucky Bullschumer will tell you up and down all day that Black Rifles have the ability to plan and perpetrate violent crimes. They're elected officials, so straight away they know more than the usual American citizen. Ain't that right?

Last Edited:
None. I'll just stand there, putting my safety into words on paper that make it illegal for one man to murder another. There is definite proof such words are very effective; they're tested daily in Chicago-- one of America's safest cities...

In 5 years of shooting, one introductory and safety course and an all-day Concealed Weapons Permit class. Plus YouTube, magazines, and regular practice.

Not a single one. My dad held the rifle for me when I fired my very first shot at about six years old; sometime in 1963 or 1964. He told me then that I was to never point a gun at something I did not intend to destroy. That's all it took for me. It's been close to sixty years, and I have never let one fly that I did not intend to send downrange. So sad that my dad didn't have Alec Baldwin's ear for ten seconds...

Not a single one. My dad held the rifle for me when I fired my very first shot at about six years old; sometime in 1963 or 1964. He told me then that I was to never point a gun at something I did not intend to destroy. That's all it took for me. It's been close to sixty years, and I have never let one fly that I did not intend to send downrange. So sad that my dad didn't have Alec Baldwin's ear for ten seconds...
I'm much the same way. Not a single class. Besides, most of these "classes" are being taught by people who are more interested in cashing in on their past military and literary reputations, than they are about, "teaching people how to fight with a gun".

My goal this year is to increase my level of training and practice more. Aside from the NRA Basic Pistol course and one Appleseed I haven't had any other formal training.

How many classes have you taken? What were they like?
OK, two. One many years ago to qualify for a hunting license, and another to qualify for a cc permit. I don't count the officer training class taught by the local PD to qualify as a park ranger..

I've take 2. I am harassing one of the instructors to do a active shooter class. I liked the class I took and he said he would like a challenge. Been a few months now and still nothing.
One centered mostly on the requirements for my CCW and was enlightening for me. The instructor kept using the word murder as the preferred result of the use of a firearm. Keeping that word in the forefront sure made some differences for me. I am not interested in killing anyone, I am concerned about protecting me and my loved ones. The instructor made it clear that after the trigger is pulled the years of litigation will start.
The second class was combat pistol with lasers. Draw from concealment and fire. I was berated for form and technique, a lot. Then the instructor looked at my pattern. 3 in a diamond just below the neck a bit high of center of mass. He lightened up a bit. My form and function has gotten better through practice. I am not looking to be on the street at high noon. I just want to be able to use the chosen weapon effectively if and when it is necessary.
Ever get that guy to do the class?

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Prescott Valley, AZ
Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top