JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Haters gonna hate....

I've only been through a handful of basic firearms courses. Something I plan to drill down more on this year. My goal this year is to get into at least three courses.
I've accomplished my "renewal" and plan to focus on training courses in the NV area that focus on defensive pistol and cover vs concealment. I've recently started the NRA basic pistol course and am looking forward to doing the in-person secondary part. After that, I'd like to continue upward through pistol/small-arms training.

I've only been through a handful of basic firearms courses. Something I plan to drill down more on this year. My goal this year is to get into at least three courses.
I've accomplished my "renewal" and plan to focus on training courses in the NV area that focus on defensive pistol and cover vs concealment. I've recently started the NRA basic pistol course and am looking forward to doing the in-person secondary part. After that, I'd like to continue upward through pistol/small-arms training.

Have you checked out Project Appleseed yet? If not I highly recommend it!

Have you checked out Project Appleseed yet? If not I highly recommend it!
Are you kidding? I had no idea we had anything like this. Thank you very much! Their April program sounds exactly like what my brother and I are looking for, but for a higher caliber. Would be a great weekend to shoot, camp, shoot.

It's an incredible program. I'm getting ready to do my third one in June. I highly recommend starting off with a .22 until you get the fundamentals down.

It can be a 10/22, that's actually what they recommend. You'd have to be really good to qualify for rifleman with a bolt action :)

@Joe Link how many rounds do we need to bring to such an event? can you use a .223 AR?

It's about 500 rounds for the weekend. You can use an AR but I highly suggest starting with a 10/22. I shot my first Appleseed with my AR and it was a terrible experience not only for myself but those around me.

Do we have to have a pistol as well or is it just rifle? I know I'm full of questions LOL

Just rifle :)

fundamentals is where I need so sounds like a great starting point!

Exactly. Start with the basics and build. Once you get your rifleman badge you can attend the Known Distance matches, which I've heard are really awesome.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top