How many firearm training classes have you taken?

Discussion in 'Education & Training' started by Joe Link, Apr 18, 2017.

1. AMproducts

AMproducts
    Socal/Roswell, GA

Generally, there are no "accepted everywhere" certs. The closest you're going to come to that is POST certification classes which are usually limited to LE. I've taken a lot of those classes both as a student and taught more than a few as an instructor. Unless you're LE, the certs count for nothing (unless you're training others), even then, they only count for the organization you're training for.

Most of the stuff I have done has been with NTC, I previously did training with some former LAPD swat guys who did a lot of LE training. That was much less structured and controlled than NTC is. I will definitely give NTC the thumbs up as far as being top-notch training, granted, it's very LE centric.

As far as military style stuff, I think Max with TFTT is still around, they're very military oriented, and did a lot of training classes for units deploying to the ME from about 2003 onward. However, these may be a bit advanced, and I am not sure they take singles.

2. Joe Link

Joe Link
    Out West
    Moderator Staff Member

Good info! I'd like to look into more training soon.

What do NTC and TFTT stand for?

3. targetshooter

targetshooter
    So. AZ

Including military?

4. targetshooter

targetshooter
    So. AZ

NATIONAL TRAINNG CENTER

TACTICAL FIREARMS TRAINING TEAM

Joe Link likes this.
  5. armoredman

armoredman
    Arizona

You can always step to the East a bit and do the Arizona CCW course, which will qualify you for your Arizona permit. While in AZ you could attend GunSite in Paulden, (never been there), and I think we have a few other professional trainers down here, such as On Sight Shooting School in Casa Grande. Might make for a fun vacation if you can swing it.

Joe Link likes this.
  6. Joe Link

Joe Link
    Out West
    Moderator Staff Member

I'd say that counts.

I'd love to attend a few classes at one of the national schools. You're lucky that you live in an area with so many great offerings!