JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This site is already fairly low in the participation department so if the few here that are sharing good info are gonna be shut down for having good conversation just because ideas flowed away from an initial theme then I wont be contributing here anymore.

Seriously let's just create the new thread and move on. There is no need to be hostile about it.

Really? That's what we have to complain about when the left is trying to take our 2nd amendment daily. And we just sign on here and attack each other? And explain to me how is a small group of southwest firearms owners talking about firearms is considered trolling?

Honestly.. that was disappointing to read.

Guys, this forum is very tame compared to a lot of others. It's quite normal to have thread drift as a matter of course, so don't let that be a hindrance to quality discourses, often it's the drift that really makes a thread!
Given the small size of the membership here, keeping up with threads is pretty easy, as suposed to the parent sight of this, NWFA, which is YUGE! Bottom line, have fun and contribute as you feel the desire! If you really want to start another thread, be my guest, in a gonna hang right here! Lol

Did your Vortex make you a better shot?
I'd have to think so. The sight picture became so much better than what I was seeing through the (far) lesser scopes. I was seeing brighter and sharper images; it was such an improvement. High-end scopes are more than likely to have detents that track closer to what the clicks represent. You'll move the turrets, fire the shot and really see the bullet put a hole right to where you've adjusted it. That's always a good feeling; kind o' makes you feel like you can actually shoot...

So you take a thread about your next firearm purchase and turn it into a never-ending discussion about what you already own. Is there a disconnect somewhere?
I hope we don't get more trollers now that BACKPAGE is shut down.
This is a public forum, but I didn't think that individuals were able to change it into a ME ONLY place!
There is always the Ignore function. Institute Ignore, and you won't see any posts put up by anyone you have Ignored. I already have one member on Ignore, and it's a godsend...

Do your selves a favor; get a NightForce and don't look back!
Was looking at them in Scheels, today, in Sparks. The one I wanted is slinking-up on $2250; it would be over $2400 after sales tax. That's almost three months of my rent, so I'll just have to keep dreaming and drooling. I'm in poor health, too. I dropped $742 today on a CT scan. I have no health insurance, so it all comes out of my pocket. If my kidney has to come out, I'll live the rest of my life in staggering debt.

Have you considered a factory recon Night Force? Not a bad way to go, you get a tested and properly set scope for about half of New! Bonus is you can have the turrts
Matched to your rifle and pet loads!
If you havent looked at a Leatherwood Hi-Lux M1200, you should, they are really an awesome piece capable of taking you to the rifles limits and pushing your own! Word of advice, the auto range compensation reticle runs on the first focal plane, so the zoom to range function is tied together, it's how the auto ranging function works! Not something to try and win target rifle matches with, but when things get sporty and you require a serious scope capable of accuratey and repeatabley hitting what you need to hit when you need to do it first shot cold bore in the weather, it's hard to beat the speed, unless you can do the math on the fly in your head!

Ok, target shooter,..
STICK TO THE SUBJECT, IT HELPS. Start a new one if you can. Its really not hard to do. Sticking to the topic, = NOT TROLLING. CHANGING SUBJECT = TROLLING.
Back to the subject...I saw a HWM, or HSM, Or something like that. EAA imported, made in Germany, not a windicater, but the same gun. Looks like a Smith until you pick it up. It doesn't feel like a Smith. Feels like what a German clock maker would produce if he started making guns. Fine quality craftsmanship. The guy took $50 of the top just asking if he could do anything with the price @ 350. I didn't get it there and then, until I have a chance to do some research and pine over it. Now I know I definitely want one! Looks and feels like quality, and I couldn't find a negative review. I've never held a Korth, but I can imagine this as having the same DNA inside it.

Have you considered a factory-recon Nightforce? Not a bad way to go; you get a tested and properly-set scope for about half of new! Bonus is you can have the turrets
matched to your rifle and pet loads!
I never knew there were factory-reconditioned Nightforce scopes to buy! Does indeed sound like a good way to get a great scope. How would someone go about getting one-- contact the company directly?

I'm glad you know how to screw up a site, as you apparently have before. Therefore I and others will need to be more careful about which egocentric and narcissistic CONTRIBUTORS decide they can run the show. You sir, are not one, so consider your arrogance ignored.

I'll chime in on the OP topic, maybe someone can tell me if they've had experience with this particular pistol. I have been looking really hard lately at an FN Five Seven, everything about it just appeals to me. Anyone on here either have one or have experience with one? I know ammo is hard to come by as only 2 companies produce ammo for it currently but as a reloader Im sure for target practice I can burn some ammo more eco to my wallet

I have been looking really hard lately at an FN Five Seven, everything about it just appeals to me. Anyone on here either have one or have experience with one? I know ammo is hard to come by as only 2 companies produce ammo for it currently but as a reloader I'm sure for target practice I can burn some ammo more eco to my wallet.
Not speaking from experience, but I believe Five-seven ammo was never meant to be reloaded. I kind o' remember reading something about exactly that. The head diameter is very small; I am uncertain if anybody makes a shell-holder for it. The powder charge is going to also be very small; I'll guess about three grains at a maximum. If FN was looking for a way to generate profits by bringing the Five-seven to market and to never allow for hobbyist reloading of the cases, they sure did a good job of it. The primer is almost the same diameter as the head, so gripping it in a priming tool has got to be a hillary. But this is America. If you want one, I say "Go for it!" When you do and have shot a bunch of ammo, please come back and tell us what you've found...

Ok, target shooter,..

Back to the subject...I saw a HWM, or HSM, Or something like that. EAA imported, made in Germany, not a windicater, but the same gun. Looks like a Smith until you pick it up. It doesn't feel like a Smith. Feels like what a German clock maker would produce if he started making guns. Fine quality craftsmanship. The guy took $50 of the top just asking if he could do anything with the price @ 350. I didn't get it there and then, until I have a chance to do some research and pine over it. Now I know I definitely want one! Looks and feels like quality, and I couldn't find a negative review. I've never held a Korth, but I can imagine this as having the same DNA inside it.

I gotta say something about the EAA Witness. Bought a new one in 10mm. Jammed, stovepiped and everything else. Sent it back 3 times and it came back worse. Nothing good to say about that gun. They said it was meant to use FMJ ammo.............NOT !

Not speaking from experience, but I believe Five-seven ammo was never meant to be reloaded. I kind o' remember reading something about exactly that. The head diameter is very small; I am uncertain if anybody makes a shell-holder for it. The powder charge is going to also be very small; I'll guess about three grains at a maximum. If FN was looking for a way to generate profits by bringing the Five-seven to market and to never allow for hobbyist reloading of the cases, they sure did a good job of it. The primer is almost the same diameter as the head, so gripping it in a priming tool has got to be a hillary. But this is America. If you want one, I say "Go for it!" When you do and have shot a bunch of ammo, please come back and tell us what you've found...
Yeah i looked long and hard on that subject and it looks like that was an older issue especially since FN never released the data etc...but now its a different story as i found a bubblegum ton of published load data as well as hornday/rcbs/reddingt/Forster make the die sets for the 5-7...its actually .22cal i believe but 25-40gr and 55gr for subsonic...people compare it to the 22 hornet etc...biggest issue being the primer pocket being swaged but i do that for my 7.62 nato anyways....although the reloading is 2nd to finding out how this firearm actually performs....even if i cant reload i can grab the 40gr for about 400 per 1000 which isnt too ridiculous...

. . . even if I can't reload I can grab the 40-gr for about $400 per 1000, which isn't too ridiculous...
No; it's not. Forty cents per round is not too bad for a cartridge that most shooters would never consider buying because the lesser demand for it makes it 30-some percent more costly than, let us say, 5.56mm ammo. But if you want one, buy it!

You are an American, and it's your Right to own and to use firearms for all purposes moral and just. Plus because the 5.7 is a handgun cartridge, you'll be pishing-off liberals just by owning it and having a goodly supply of ammo on-hand for you and your ten year-old son (or daughter) to go plinking with it on Saturdays. If it's one thing a liberal hates, it's a father who takes his kids shooting. The libs do not want a kid to learn that guns are NOT sentient beings-- that a firearm CANNOT take intelligent decisions as to where it will travel and whom it will choose to shoot once it gets to where it wants to go. Teaching a kid to responsibly handle firearms and to shoot safely is what will maintain our firearms Liberty for generations to come. It's our duty to our progeny to pass-on that same Freedom our fathers passed to us because as Raegan said, "Liberty is not passed-down in the bloodstream. We are but one election away from tyranny."

I have no kids, but my brother does. He takes his kids to the range as often as he can. His son (aged 16) really loves the AR-type rifle. His daughter (aged 13) is a little shy of a gun's report, so he's starting her out with an air pistol. Works for me. I just want as many good kids learning to shoot guns as we can muster. Our future Liberty depends on it...

@nvshooter i couldnt agree more. My dad and uncle taught me gun safety and how to shoot when I was 9 yrs old. Im a huge advocate of teaching the young ones about guns. Not necessarily just to get them interested in one of my favorite sports but because its a known, numbers supporting fact, that when you spend the time to teach kids the safety and dangers of guns and how they arent toys, the whole accidental shooting component gets diminished. Its funny how most of the protests trying to strip our rights take place in states that have the strictest of the gun laws. They have never had the experience or pleasure of the sport and since they cant have it they want no one else to. Its actually one of the main reasons I left the East Coast, the place where its hard to even shoot a pellet gun. The amount of disinformation is amazing from these anti-gun nuts. I had an heated debate with my step-brother about the AR issue, "no one needs to have an AR-15..the rifle is called assault rifle 15!" Lol once i schooled him how assault rifle was a term coined by the anti-gun movement and the armalite-gun platform has been around for 60+yrs he was shocked....and started to see the light....but this is what we are up against. Anyways enough rambling lol...back on topic...I was talking to my co-worker this morning, i guess he has a 5-7 so we are going to the range nxt weekend so I can give it a test ride.

I have only ever shot a FN 5-7, And it preformed quite well, but I do have a ton of experience with the ammo and the P-90 that was designed together. Performance is exceptional out of the P-90, and pretty snappy out of the Pistol, enough to be accurate to 200 meters! I haevn't tried to reload any of it, but saved all my brass and obtained the shell holder and other equipment to do so, and it looks pretty reasonable to be able to do. The nice thing is bullet selection opens up a lot of performance options out side the factory stuff, so it should be that more impressive after. My P90 really wants a heavier bullet, and there is room in both the mag and the chamber to allow (according to my measurements) up to a 80 gr bullet seated to max depth, and strething COAL out .012 or slightly more and still ( as measured on my rifle) .02 off the lands! Not sure if the Pistol uses the same chamber dimensions or if there would be mag restrictions with such a long projo, but worth investigating, the 77 and 72 grains projo's look to be a Non issue. When I do start reloading, I'm going to try the 55 and 62 gr bullets and see where it goes from there!

I gotta say something about the EAA Witness. Bought a new one in 10mm. Jammed, stovepiped and everything else. Sent it back 3 times and it came back worse. Nothing good to say about that gun. They said it was meant to use FMJ ammo.............NOT !

Jeez. And I pick up my Witness in 10mm tomorrow! Hope mine isn't like that! Anyway, next pistola will hopefully be a Sig P365. The dealers that have them are awfully proud of them. We'll see.

New Resource Reviews

Back Top