JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was considering the Witness but came across a deal on the Glock 40 MOS and really love that sucker. Shoots about any load accurately. My new favorite firearm.

I was considering the Witness but came across a deal on the Glock 40 MOS and really love that sucker. Shoots about any load accurately. My new favorite firearm.

I considered a Glock 20SF, but for whatever reason, the ergos of Glock pistols have never worked for me. I can't put my finger on why, but this has always been the case. Damifino.

@Ura-Ki thank you! That was pretty much what I was looking for! I will be testing out the 5-7 this sat but Im expecting to be $1200 poorer after I test it.
@MadDuner Im with you on the Glock. Either you love em or hate em. Ive always been a 1911 guy since young, so for a pistol to have a polymer frame for me it has to stand out. They are reliable I will give it that but not my cup of tea.
@cnj that is the #1 complaint from people i know is the ergo. If the ergo doesnt fit right in your hand but looking for a polymer frame..have you tried the Walther PPQ or FNP/FNX they both come with different size back straps to fit more comfortably and the Walther has one of the best stock triggers for striker's. Although they do not make it in 10mm....love the round but seems as though not many companies produce a 10mm (sig p220 I love) and I think glock is one of the only striker fired.

Just in passing, cabelas is having a sale > 28th on the S & W Shield Hi Performance model $424 !

Nicely balanced firearm grip fits well in my paw of a hand, only complaint is slide is really really tight and spring in mag way too much tension.

keltec shotgun.jpg

double tube, 7rd/tube Kel Tec KSG-xxx model. bit $$$$ on MSRP but, we can dream can't we and cheeper than the FNH one i want!

Double tube, 7rd/tube, Kel Tec KSG-xxx model.
I've fooled-around with one of those in a gun store. They're small, quick to manipulate and put the idea into a man's head that he wants to own one. At around $1000, they're not distantly out of reach. The very appearance of them is enough to make a liberal fill his britches, so that alone is reason enough to buy one...

Will be looking to pick up a compact 9mm of some sort.M&P Shield, PT111 G2C, Bersa BP9CC, etc.
New or used. Depends on what kind of deals I come across.
Received my NV CCW and want a smaller 9mm to compliment my full sized 9's.

As previously stated, cabelas has a sale ~ 28th on the 9m shield hi performance (slide vented) for a smidge above wholesale at $424, or look at the FNH 9 compact.

just a thought!

HMaybe a Howa M1500 barreled action that has had its OEM barrel pulled and a 26" stainless, fluted, medium-heavy Hart installed in 260 Remington. Hart welcomes the customer to design his own barrel, so I'd have the breech cylinder made five inches long. Such a length allows for multiple cuttings of new chambers once the previous one shoots out. The action would then be dropped into one of those MDT ESS (or LSS) aluminum chassis with a fixed stock. Gotta have a Timney trigger for an easy let-off. Oversized bolt knob. 10-moa Farrell Industries scope base. Vortex Viper PST scope in the 6-24X flavor. Then, if I can find it, the talent to actually hit something with it...

howa-in-chassis.JPG Howa M1500 in chassis.JPG

Last Edited:
Maybe a Howa M1500 barreled action that has had its OEM barrel pulled and a 26" stainless, fluted, medium-heavy Hart installed in 260 Remington. Hart welcomes the customer to design his own barrel, so I'd have the breech cylinder made five inches long. Such a length allows for multiple cuttings of new chambers once the previous one shoots out. The action would then be dropped into one of those MDT ESS (or LSS) aluminum chassis with a fixed stock. Gotta have a Timney trigger for an easy let-off. Oversized bolt knob. 10-moa Farrell Industries scope base. Vortex Viper PST scope in the 6-24X flavor. Then, if I can find it, the talent to actually hit something with it...

View attachment 1186
My buddy got the Savage 110 .338 Lapua. This thing was amazing right out of the box. I shot a 5/8" group at 100 yds. And we have been shooting 6# fire extinguishers at 885 yds. with no problem. Looking for a place to shoot 1 mile next. 100 yard.JPG 100 yard.JPG 338 lapua.JPG

My buddy got the Savage 110 .338 Lapua. This thing was amazing right out of the box. I shot a 5/8" group at 100 yds. And we have been shooting 6# fire extinguishers at 885 yds. with no problem. Looking for a place to shoot 1 mile next.
A .338 Lapua is something I'd never want to buy. Brass can only be sourced from one or two places, bullets are costly and the powder charges are appreciably heavier than you'll find in any .532" magnum. Cartridges with .590" heads are an entire step upward in what it costs to shoot them. I'm an old sissy, so hours of punishing recoil is not high on my bucket list. But this is America so if you want it, please exercise your Right and buy it.

Per shooting one mile, Nevada is the place you want to be for that. I'll have to look-up where is 86332, but it sounds like somewhere in southern Arizona. Should be some desert out there, somewhere. I moved here from northern Virginia just to have a place to shoot that wasn't already somebody else's property since 1704. I've been here since Fall of 2004, and I really love it. There is so much open land around here, that to find a place to shoot isn't at all a problem. I live about three miles from a dry lake that's 1400 yards across its dead-flat bottom. I don't shoot exactly there because a lot of motocross bikers like to use the sloping sides for aerial tricks and various stuff. I shoot a little north of that place, behind a small hillock. I've got several old tires laid-out every 100 yards to form a 600-yard range. I can go out there, shoot all day and never see another person the entire time. You can shoot anything you want here, from .22LR handguns to .50-caliber BMG rifles and no one will say sewage to you. A 60-round Mag-pul drum magazine locked into your AR won't raise an eyebrow. Liberty is alive and well in Nevada...

Maybe a Howa M1500 barreled action that has had its OEM barrel pulled and a 26" stainless, fluted, medium-heavy Hart installed in 260 Remington. Hart welcomes the customer to design his own barrel, so I'd have the breech cylinder made five inches long. Such a length allows for multiple cuttings of new chambers once the previous one shoots out. The action would then be dropped into one of those MDT ESS (or LSS) aluminum chassis with a fixed stock. Gotta have a Timney trigger for an easy let-off. Oversized bolt knob. 10-moa Farrell Industries scope base. Vortex Viper PST scope in the 6-24X flavor. Then, if I can find it, the talent to actually hit something with it...

My 6.5 Creedmoor in an MDT LSS Chassis I put together..

View attachment 1186

IMG_0996.JPG

At the shootin the .338 L.M. it' not that bad with a decent break or suppressor, and reloading costs are no where near as bad these days, I'm able to get about 15 loadings out of the good brass, and then I would be inspected to see if it can go more, I hear guys are getting 20+ out of their brass. I am currently loading for about $2.60 a round, vs $5 plus! Powder and bullets are where the big cost is. Look what a can of Rotumobo costs, about 1/2 of what it was 5 years ago!

Love Nevada, Utah, and Arizonia! I do lots of Bush Flying in those states, plus Colorado and Wyoming Montana, and the PNW, lots of stunning scenery and wide open spaces to be found! One of my most favorite places to go flying is in the Steens Mountains of South eastern Oregon! Fall finds me in Mission Forks Or Spanish Mission with the guys and we hop all over the area checking out super cool places to take off and land! Great times.

I like your rifle, CAMPMEAT. I especially like that sliding stock with the sloped sides; makes for a great cheek weld. I saw a Howa M1500 in the MDT chassis at a sportin' goods store, today. It was a .308 Win, so I had to leave it in the glass case. Price was right around $900. Right next to the Howa was a Ruger Precision Rifle in (if I recall) .338 Lapua Magnum. Price was $1400-some. By the time sales tax, background check and transfer fee are added a buyer will be looking at maybe another $100 for the Howa and another $150 for the Ruger. Good thing for me that Howa wasn't a 6.5 Creedmoor. Chances are about 90% it would have gone home with me. Yeah; like I need another cartridge for which to reload...

Look what a can of Rotumobo costs, about 1/2 of what it was 5 years ago!
My bottle of Retumbo was purchased locally in January 2013; cost was $26.99 at retail. I know this to be true because I tape a piece of paper to the can as to when it was bought, what was paid and where it was purchased. I have no overarching reason for why; it's just something I do. What are you paying for this same powder in Spring 2018?

New Resource Reviews

Back Top