JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I purchased a new Ruger Security-9 over the weekend. Nice pistol for under $300.00. Glock 19 competition at a bunch less! ruger.JPG

Having been a 1911 fan since early childhood I have come real close to buying one in 10mm many times. I got a 10mm rifle for home and fun a while back and would love to have a 1911 to match. STI makes some to drool over that I could just go buy but dropping several K on one is hard for me to do. The one Ruger makes at less than 1/3 of that will most likely end up in my collection here one of these days. When I see one in a store I make sure I do no not ask to see or hold it. I know what that leads to :)

I did a little tweaking on the Ruger.View attachment 1247 View attachment 1248

Have you shot it yet? Several times when some have come asking about a "budget" home gun I have mentioned these since they hit. Last time I looked for someone they were at $300 out the door here which seemed like a damn good price for something US made. Like to hear how yours performs and what you think about it.

I got to shoot it one time about 40 rounds before the fire-restrictions went into effect. Nice weapon, shoots where you point it, ran both 115 gr. and 124 gr reloads and never a hiccup.
Good accuracy and a nice trigger. I think I will keep it.

I got to shoot it one time about 40 rounds before the fire-restrictions went into effect. Nice weapon, shoots where you point it, ran both 115 gr. and 124 gr reloads and never a hiccup.
Good accuracy and a nice trigger. I think I will keep it.

Good to hear, with the Rep Ruger has I figured they would be another winner. Since I keep pointing people at them I wanted to hear some new owners say how they felt when buying one. Have always been a BIG fan of Ruger. Never much liked the old mans "strange" views on the public and guns but love the stuff they are coming out with since his passing. The people who took over obviously want to give the shooters what they want.

P
Anyway, next pistola will hopefully be a Sig P365.
My brother just got his P365 several days ago. He left work early to get to the gun store before the dingbat who ordered it decided to come and get it-- after it had set there for four days after he'd been advised the gun was there. The dingbat never did appear to get his gun, so my brother got it. He then drove about 25 miles to his shootin' range and fired-off several magazines at seven yards. The verdict: He likes it. It's so small, he can drop it into the front pocket of his "board shorts" and nobody will know he has it. He has a Concealed license, so nobody knows he carries a P320 Compact in .40S&W when he's not at work. He paid right near $575 for the P365 when it was all said and done.

P320 vs P365ed - Copy.jpg

Last Edited:
I like your rifle, CAMPMEAT. I especially like that sliding stock with the sloped sides; makes for a great cheek weld. I saw a Howa M1500 in the MDT chassis at a sportin' goods store, today. It was a .308 Win, so I had to leave it in the glass case. Price was right around $900. Right next to the Howa was a Ruger Precision Rifle in (if I recall) .338 Lapua Magnum. Price was $1400-some. By the time sales tax, background check and transfer fee are added a buyer will be looking at maybe another $100 for the Howa and another $150 for the Ruger. Good thing for me that Howa wasn't a 6.5 Creedmoor. Chances are about 90% it would have gone home with me. Yeah; like I need another cartridge for which to reload...

Ruger Precision doesn't make a 338 LMR. Savage makes it I believe.

Last Edited:
Ruger Precision doesn't make a 338 LPM. Savage makes it, I believe.
I cannot be certain as to for which cartridge the Ruger was chambered; it was several weeks ago that I saw the rifle. In any event, I'd just never buy a .338 Lapua Magnum rifle. The powder and bullets are just too expensive to go shooting-off a hundred-- or even 50-- of them in an afternoon. But, to each what he desires and for each what he can afford...

Last Edited:
PMy brother just got his P365 several days ago. He left work early to get to the gun store before the dingbat who ordered it decided to come and get it-- after it had set there for four days after he'd been advised the gun was there. The dingbat never did appear to get his gun, so my brother got it. He then drove about 25 miles to his shootin' range and fired-off several magazines at seven yards. The verdict: He likes it. It's so small, he can drop it into the front pocket of his "board shorts" and nobody will know he has it. He has a Concealed license, so nobody knows he carries a P320 Compact in .40S&W when he's not at work. He paid right near $575 for the P365 when it was all said and done.

View attachment 1257
Just put a P365 on lay-a-way at my LGS yesterday. Got to get rid of a few safe queens to pay her off in the next 60 days. Really looking forward to getting it to the range!

I'm guessing the 320, but I haven't figured out which size. I've got 3 pocket size already, so the 365 is out. I've also got 4 compacts, so i'm currently thinking about the full size.

Of course, it will happen when I find out which is more comfortable in the hand.

Yes, I've had the P365 for a little while, now, but really only have ~150 rounds down the pipe (fire restrictions were put in place, then lifted. Too hot out there now). I really like the way the gun fits my hand, and shoot fairly well with it. I did have a single light primer strike last time out with it, though. Hopefully that was an anomaly.

I figure I would update my post.
I picked up a Ruger EC9S from Sportsman's Warehouse locally.
Right at $260 OTD....Not a bad deal ;)
Also bought an extended 9 rnd mag and a couple of holsters. A Pro Carry LT for IWB carry. Fit's nice, carries well.
I also bought a DeSantis E Gat holster for OWB. Nice fit. Seems to conceal well.

View attachment 1888

This has been my daily carry for the last several years. Back up pistol in the truck and maybe something else ;) You can't go wrong great little pistol.

I just picked up the new Springfield Armory 911. I use it for carry when I go out with my wife. I went down in caliber since l'm now in a wheelchair and have not gotten back my hand strength. Long story short is 29 operations in last two years. The 911 handles a lot like the Springfield XDs .45acp I used to carry. With the current advancement in bullets I don't feel under gunned with the.380acp. If anyone is looking for a good subcompact pistol the 911 is about $200.00 cheaper than the Sig Sauer P238.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top