How long do you expect to live off of 'Stored' food goods?

Discussion in 'Preparedness & Survival' started by Hook686, Mar 12, 2017.

1. AMproducts

AMproducts
    Socal/Roswell, GA

I've had a long term plan going for a number of years. I don't plan to live off storable food, instead I've planted fruit trees everywhere. Apples, cherries, pears, figs, avocado, honey mesquite, pinyon pine. In addition, a lot of wild food grows in my area, mustard, miner's lettuce, stinging nettle, etc are all common, and all edible to some degree (some require boiling first).

I do have storage food that's rotated regularly, pretty much I just buy large lots of ingredients I need to cook, and keep an extra month's supply on hand.

The big thing though, is having extra salad dressing on hand.

2. armoredman

armoredman
    Arizona

It is a "transient" neighborhood, in that people move in and move out all the time. One landlord is quite racist, and she will only rent to non whites. Not that I give a crap one way or another except many of the renters she has had over the years, (right across the street), have been, shall we say less than stellar citizens. Some I am quite sure were former "guests of the state". My landlord, on the other hand, would be a great partner, if he wasn't in such terrible health and several blocks away.