JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've had a long term plan going for a number of years. I don't plan to live off storable food, instead I've planted fruit trees everywhere. Apples, cherries, pears, figs, avocado, honey mesquite, pinyon pine. In addition, a lot of wild food grows in my area, mustard, miner's lettuce, stinging nettle, etc are all common, and all edible to some degree (some require boiling first).

I do have storage food that's rotated regularly, pretty much I just buy large lots of ingredients I need to cook, and keep an extra month's supply on hand.

The big thing though, is having extra salad dressing on hand.

It is a "transient" neighborhood, in that people move in and move out all the time. One landlord is quite racist, and she will only rent to non whites. Not that I give a crap one way or another except many of the renters she has had over the years, (right across the street), have been, shall we say less than stellar citizens. Some I am quite sure were former "guests of the state". My landlord, on the other hand, would be a great partner, if he wasn't in such terrible health and several blocks away.

So…. I have been conducting a long-term experiment on canned food. I laid up several hundred pounds of miscellaneous and various canned foodstuff ranging from chili, sliced peaches, soups, etc.

After carefully inspecting the cans for damage/bulging, and listening for the desired vacuum break upon opening, then smelling the contents, I've been sampling stuff (aka eating) almost 8yrs past the listed "best if used by" date.

Not a single problem with taste, texture, or digestion. Although the whole kernel corn did have an ever so slight "tinny" taste when eaten on its own, when used as an ingredient in a recipe (like soup) it wasn't a thing.

Keep in mind that all my stores have been kept in a dry and temperature controlled climate kept consistently between 65°F - 75°F, which will GREATLY affect the quality of the contents.

So…. I have been conducting a long-term experiment on canned food. I laid up several hundred pounds of miscellaneous and various canned foodstuff ranging from chili, sliced peaches, soups, etc.

After carefully inspecting the cans for damage/bulging, and listening for the desired vacuum break upon opening, then smelling the contents, I've been sampling stuff (aka eating) almost 8yrs past the listed "best if used by" date.

Not a single problem with taste, texture, or digestion. Although the whole kernel corn did have an ever so slight "tinny" taste when eaten on its own, when used as an ingredient in a recipe (like soup) it wasn't a thing.

Keep in mind that all my stores have been kept in a dry and temperature controlled climate kept consistently between 65°F - 75°F, which will GREATLY affect the quality of the contents.
As long as you stay away from cans with tomato products you'll be fine. That's what I found out when I cleared out my old house & finished off all the old canned stuff over there

I still have a couple cans of smoked salmon from Sam's Club that expired 7/2011 to finish off but I'm in no hurry

Probably a month or a bit more with supplies on hand. I keep telling the wife to put back more stuff and while she does, it's like pulling teeth. So I've began storing elsewhere and will have to do some shopping myself. Still, if shtf around here I expect military government via Ft Carson and other Fed facilities in the area. So who knows. Many here are former or retired military, and many are rednecks who might not take "soldiers of color" bossing them around or confiscating firearms and other stored supplies. I do know from past experience when bad weather has slowed or shut down commercial trucking resupply, the food stores would be emptied within a couple days...

Trump had to be defeated in order to keep the freight train of Chinese money going to Joe BiteMe, and most likely to several others. The Tyranny-crats didn't see the Trump victory in 2016 (the Criminal Left Media had Himmlery as a 100% walk in the park to a landslide victory), so they got their assets in gear and made certain Trump did not win in 2020.

I read a viewer comment regarding a youtube video about the election: "I believe Joe Biden got 81 million votes. I do not believe Joe Biden has 81 million voters." That's about as simply as it can be said...

I've had a long term plan going for a number of years. I don't plan to live off storable food, instead I've planted fruit trees everywhere. Apples, cherries, pears, figs, avocado, honey mesquite, pinyon pine. In addition, a lot of wild food grows in my area, mustard, miner's lettuce, stinging nettle, etc are all common, and all edible to some degree (some require boiling first).

I do have storage food that's rotated regularly, pretty much I just buy large lots of ingredients I need to cook, and keep an extra month's supply on hand.

The big thing though, is having extra salad dressing on hand.
"The big thing though, is having extra salad dressing on hand". Yep, and a good bit of bbq sauce and picate.

I will be moving out on to the 5 acres soon and am thinking of a bit of gardening. I am going to have to fence everything off cause of the birds and critters. Might even have to get a "green house"
I have 90 days of MRE's which will be out of date in the next couple of years. Hopefully by then I will have the garden producing, I know how to can and freeze so that will be implemented as well.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top