JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone else out there doing much with DMR and mototrbo with either brandmeister or the Western States DMR networks? I finally got my hotspot up and running, and what seems to be a functional code-plug. I don't hear much on the CA/NV/AZ talk groups. and TAC-310 is deader than it used to be.

I'm sorry, can you please explain DMR? Thank you.
DMR is a Trunked mobile radio, with the proliferation of inexpensive used, and chinese DMR radios it's getting increasingly popular. There is also a large global internet connected trunked radio network that connects several different digital technologies together.

The main advantages from a prep/survival mentality: right now it's a globe spanning network, and using either hotspots, or repeaters you can communicate across great distances without using cell phones. It can fill the role of a standard FM handheld two-way radio, or, if things go sideways, you can use it simplex between radios with a barrier to listening (need a DMR radio, or a properly configured scanner or RTL-SDR) and in that dire situation, you can run encrypted in a way that just isn't possible with a baofeng, yaesu, icom, etc.

DMR is a Trunked mobile radio, with the proliferation of inexpensive used, and chinese DMR radios it's getting increasingly popular. There is also a large global internet connected trunked radio network that connects several different digital technologies together.

The main advantages from a prep/survival mentality: right now it's a globe spanning network, and using either hotspots, or repeaters you can communicate across great distances without using cell phones. It can fill the role of a standard FM handheld two-way radio, or, if things go sideways, you can use it simplex between radios with a barrier to listening (need a DMR radio, or a properly configured scanner or RTL-SDR) and in that dire situation, you can run encrypted in a way that just isn't possible with a baofeng, yaesu, icom, etc.
Thanks, I'm going to check it out. Sounds like something worth having…

Here I thought DMR meant "Designated Marksman Rifle"....
Certainly can. We live in a world overloaded with acronyms.

Thanks, I'm going to check it out. Sounds like something worth having…
It is, There's always a lot of discussion about people buying baofengs and other radios, but never seems to be a lot of discussion about using them. I know most of us are separated by tens or hundreds of miles, and far outside radio range of conventional systems. would be a good learning experience for many to get on the air and do stuff. even if we're just talking about bullets.

Went ahead and got a Ham License so will be doing more work with the radios I already have. All three are analog and digital with antenna arrays set up.

There used to be a "ham" radio link from N to S in Arizona. Towers on hills or mountains as the case may be. Kind of in the middle of the state E to W.
I installed 2 of them but since I had to get a license and a radio I never got involved.

There used to be a "ham" radio link from N to S in Arizona. Towers on hills or mountains as the case may be. Kind of in the middle of the state E to W.
I installed 2 of them but since I had to get a license and a radio I never got involved.
I was listening to the Tuscon repeater a couple of weeks ago from Northcentral AZ and it came in clear. It was a net call from Colorado they had linked via Internet.

Now that I have had some time to think about it, I believe it was called Packet Radio. I was amazed that someone paid to put the repeaters up and maintained them for all to use for free.

As for bubblegume hits the fan communication not sure I want anyone to know I and mine are even around. We have a plan hopefully it will never have to be implemented.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top