Which is your favorite pump action shotgun?

Discussion in 'Pump-Action Shotguns' started by Joe Link, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Joe Link

Joe Link
    Portland, OR
    Moderator Staff Member

I don't really have a preference in the 870 vs 500/590 debate, but here's my 870 police :)

photo 1.JPG photo 3.JPG

2. AZOutdoorGear

AZOutdoorGear
    Sahuarita, AZ
    Silver Vendor

I may have had the shortest 20ga on the range this past Sat (Tucson Trap & Skeet Club) and my LaserLyte Center Mass Red Laser (CM-MK4 ) was not aquiring the birds like I thought it should.... The birds were still getting hit.
    Mossberg 500, 20ga, Adjustable Stock, Pistol Grip, LaserLyte Center Mass Red Laser.
    [​IMG]

Joe Link likes this.
  3. Huggy

Huggy
    SW AZ

I agree with the 1200 ownership. After I had to sell my 1300 I brought back with me from Germany (long story but a boy's gotta eat) and I bought the 1200 as a cheaper replacement. Sure is Plain Jane in comparison but I've taken a LOT of game birds with it.
    Also, carried an (OLD) 870 that was an MCSO trade in when I was a Deputy Sheriff, sold that to someone who just had to have it.
    So for my Social Encounters Shotty, I have a Remington 887 which, all in all, I am happy with.
    Well, except I need to cut back part of the forearm so I can install a Side Saddle for spare rounds and cut a Hunk off the stock to achieve proper stock weld when wearing a vest or heavy jacket. Otherwise I cannot get a proper grip and manipulate the trigger expeditiously.
    One day I do want a Mossberg 500 or 550 (I think) as I'm a big fan of the tang safety. Now if only the other manufacturers would incorporate a downward ejection like the Ithaca brand does. Sweet operation there, Yessiree.

westernjeep401 and Joe Link like this.
  4. Joe Link

Joe Link
    Portland, OR
    Moderator Staff Member

Every 1200/1300 I've shot has been fantastic.

Huggy likes this.