Which is your favorite pump action shotgun?

Discussion in 'Pump-Action Shotguns' started by Joe Link, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Joe Link

Joe Link
    Out West
    Moderator Staff Member

I don't really have a preference in the 870 vs 500/590 debate, but here's my 870 police :)

photo 1.JPG photo 3.JPG

2. AZOutdoorGear

AZOutdoorGear
    Sahuarita, AZ
    Silver Vendor

I may have had the shortest 20ga on the range this past Sat (Tucson Trap & Skeet Club) and my LaserLyte Center Mass Red Laser (CM-MK4 ) was not aquiring the birds like I thought it should.... The birds were still getting hit.
    Mossberg 500, 20ga, Adjustable Stock, Pistol Grip, LaserLyte Center Mass Red Laser.
    mossberg500.jpg

Joe Link likes this.
  3. Huggy

Huggy
    SW AZ

I agree with the 1200 ownership. After I had to sell my 1300 I brought back with me from Germany (long story but a boy's gotta eat) and I bought the 1200 as a cheaper replacement. Sure is Plain Jane in comparison but I've taken a LOT of game birds with it.
    Also, carried an (OLD) 870 that was an MCSO trade in when I was a Deputy Sheriff, sold that to someone who just had to have it.
    So for my Social Encounters Shotty, I have a Remington 887 which, all in all, I am happy with.
    Well, except I need to cut back part of the forearm so I can install a Side Saddle for spare rounds and cut a Hunk off the stock to achieve proper stock weld when wearing a vest or heavy jacket. Otherwise I cannot get a proper grip and manipulate the trigger expeditiously.
    One day I do want a Mossberg 500 or 550 (I think) as I'm a big fan of the tang safety. Now if only the other manufacturers would incorporate a downward ejection like the Ithaca brand does. Sweet operation there, Yessiree.

westernjeep401 and Joe Link like this.
  4. Joe Link

Joe Link
    Out West
    Moderator Staff Member

Every 1200/1300 I've shot has been fantastic.

Huggy likes this.
  5. deplorable1

deplorable1
    Henderson, NV

My first and only 12 ga. right now.
    Rock Island M5 in matte nickel

First time with a shotgun: