Welcome to Southwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Which is your favorite pump action shotgun?

Joe Link

Reactions
I'm sure this will turn into another Ford vs Chevy conversation between Mossberg and Remington, but lets hear it!

Reactions
Once I pretty much got away from big game hunting, I started buying shotguns. I only have four, three pumps and one SA. My pumps are: 1975 870 Wingmaster 20ga that has two barrels, one fixed I/C @26", the other fixed Mod @ 28". This is my #1 shotgun. Other two pumps are Mossberg 500's, one in 12ga, the other in 20ga. Both field guns. They're too new to have a track record yet, but, show promise at the trap range. They'll get ironed out next upland season. Ca. and Idaho.

Reactions
Many years ago, our friends used to make-fun of the 1200, saying it was a "junk gun". However, it excelled at upland birds, rabbit, and the occasional varmint. It was not very effective against larger game, however.

Reactions
I'd say you used them for their intended use. Certainly not "junk guns". Are you going to use the 16's for upland birds? They'd be perfect.

Reactions
The NIB one is a queen and will remain stashed. The other will likely gather dust, but not for dislike. The cartridge is getting difficult to find, and there are a few 12g's that fill that role.

Reactions
That looks to be an 870 Express? If so, you are forgiven. If that's a Wingmaster[don't think so], ohhh, that would be a sin!

Joking of course.:)

UPCOMING EVENTS

2019 Gun Rights Policy Conference
Sheraton Crescent Hotel
2620 W Dunlap Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85021, USA
Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Centennial Hall
263 N Center St, Mesa, AZ 85201, USA

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Arizona Firearms - Tempe
    5.00 star(s)
    Anyone in Phoenix area should check out Arizona Firearms on University and Priest. They have a...
    • JonathanB
  • Murphy's Guns and Gunsmithing
    5.00 star(s)
    When I go in I usually will watch and listen to employees before I choose which one to talk to...
    • Gunsandgars
  • Murphy's Guns and Gunsmithing
    4.00 star(s)
    I have purchased new and used from them. I was lucky a while back and they had a Armalite AR10A...
    • Belevolk
  • Bruno Shooter Supply
    5.00 star(s)
    Not really a gun store per se, although they do have a couple rifles there for sale, but Bruno...
    • wildcat455
  • Ammo AZ
    5.00 star(s)
    Great place,awesome staff and customer service. Have personally done business with them numerous...
    • Tecj68