JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The blades I have bet my life on and a couple were used as designed.

The 1st photo is the fixed blades I have carried on deployments: top is a Randel issued in the 70s, 2nd down a cold steer Larado Bowie I carried in Iraq, Jorden, Cyprus, a few countries in Africa, and Afghanistan. 3rd down is a custom Bowie I had made by a WV knife maker, and bottom a Cris Reeves survival knife that was a prize at a pistol match.

The cold steel kukri was issued along with the tomahawk the Commander had made for everyone on the team before deployment.

The 2nd from bottom photo is the 2nd SOG Pentagon (lost the 1st one diving in the Gulf of Aden while working) and shoulder sheath I carried on deployments.

Bottom photo the two Benchmades I carried in Afghanistan (pointed left), the lever switch Tree Brand I got in Germany in 75, and the Microtech a friend gave me after a job we did together.

Deployed Knives.jpg

Blades 002.jpg

SOG Sheath.jpg

Arch's  2010 105.jpg

Last Edited:
The blades I have bet my life on and a couple were used as designed.

The 1st photo is the fixed blades I have carried on deployments: top is a Randel issued in the 70s, 2nd down a cold steer Larado Bowie I carried in Iraq, Jorden, Cyprus, a few countries in Africa, and Afghanistan. 3rd down is a custom Bowie I had made by a WV knife maker, and bottom a Cris Reeves survival knife that was a prize at a pistol match.

The cold steel kukri was issued along with the tomahawk the Commander had made for everyone on the team before deployment.

The bottom photo is the 2nd SOG Pentagon (lost the 1st one diving in the Gulf of Aden while working) and shoulder sheath I carried on deployments.

Bottom photo the two Benchmades I carried in Afghanistan (pointed left), the lever switch Tree Brand I got in Germany in 75, and the Microtech a friend gave me after a job we did together.

View attachment 4478

View attachment 4479

View attachment 4480

View attachment 4481

Pic two!!! Love the Kukri and the tomahawk!!

My favorite knife that I own.
Its a Blackjack model #5...
5 1/2 carbon steel blade , stacked leather handle , brass guard...made in the USA
I carried this knife while I was in the Army and on four Combat deployments...
It still gets used today as a camping , hunting and kitchen knife.
Andy
DSC06038.jpg

I cannot say I was in the military. When the recruiting sergeant asked me and the other kid with whom I went and did the ASVAB to stand, take one step forward and swear the Oath, my testicles instantly evaporated and I ran away like a little girl. Biggest mistake I ever made in my whole life. I scored high enough on the ASVAB to qualify for the Nuclear Submarine Corps. I'd have been a swabbie for three years and if my performance was good enough, I'd be plucked from the ranks and sent to college to earn a BS in Nuclear Engineering. Upon graduation with a GPA satisfactory to Uncle, I'd have been offered a commission aboard a nuclear submarine. Had I been successful, I'd have retired in 2006 or 2007 as the brassiest of hats on a Trident submarine. I'd have been retired over ten years by now. Had I stayed in just the enlisted ranks, I could have earned VA benefits and had my health looked-after by Uncle Benevolence ever since.

But I was a coward. I didn't believe I could cut the mustard as a seaman. I was just a month or so from turning 19 and didn't know my assets from a hole in the ground. I was young, dumb and full of nothing of any value. Sure as hellsinki didn't have any pride in myself. Had no confidence, either. My dad has tried to tell me that it was because my mother was so protective, but I'm not buying that. I always thought I was unwelcome among other people, of lesser "value" than others and uglier than forty feet of mud fence. When a later-years teenager feels that way, it's hard to change his mind. I'm living proof of that...

I met the below girl in 1995. She was an all-nude stripper. She married a military man in 1999 or 2000. She did six years active duty in the Army; went in at 18 in 1988 (same year I got out of college at 30). She's a better man than I ever was, and more an American than I'll ever be...

chantelle0499.jpg

Last Edited:
I cannot say I was in the military. When the recruiting sergeant asked me and the other kid with whom I went and did the ASVAB to stand, take one step forward and swear the Oath, my testicles instantly evaporated and I ran away like a little girl. Biggest mistake I ever made in my whole life. I scored high enough on the ASVAB to qualify for the Nuclear Submarine Corps. I'd have been a swabbie for three years and if my performance was good enough, I'd be plucked from the ranks and sent to college to earn a BS in Nuclear Engineering. Upon graduation with a GPA satisfactory to Uncle, I'd have been offered a commission aboard a nuclear submarine. Had I been successful, I'd have retired in 2006 or 2007 as the brassiest of hats on a Trident submarine. I'd have been retired over ten years by now. Had I stayed in just the enlisted ranks, I could have earned VA benefits and had my health looked-after by Uncle Benevolence ever since.

But I was a coward. I didn't believe I could cut the mustard as a seaman. I was just a month or so from turning 19 and didn't know my assets from a hole in the ground. I was young, dumb and full of nothing of any value. Sure as hellsinki didn't have any pride in myself. Had no confidence, either. My dad has tried to tell me that it was because my mother was so protective, but I'm not buying that. I always thought I was unwelcome among other people, of lesser "value" than others and uglier than forty feet of mud fence. When a later-years teenager feels that way, it's hard to change his mind. I'm living proof of that...

I met the below girl in 1995. She was an all-nude stripper. She married a military man in 1999 or 2000. She did six years active duty in the Army; went in at 18 in 1988 (same year I got out of college at 30). She's a better man than I ever was, and more an American than I'll ever be...

View attachment 6340

Dang !!! Go outside and eat worms ! Face bigsmyl.gif

View attachment 6340

We all make mistakes in life brother. It helps us become good people and who we are today. At least you were one of the smart ones and realized you made the mistake. Imagine being one of the dumb azz's that isn't smart enough to realize there mistakes.