Welcome to Southwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

What's your favorite non-firearm weapon?

Reactions
The kukri and the tomahawk were made for every man in your outfit? How many was that? Any idea how long it took to make all those weapons?
The Tomahawks were made within 6 months (the smith dropped everything else to make 30)
The Kukri was a Cold Steel Carbon V and the Airforce donated those like the military woodsman's pal. (will post a photo when I get back to CONUS).

Reactions
. . . (will post a photo when I get back to CONUS).
I'm not very smart, but I'm smart enough to know not to ask where you are these days. We'll just say your present location is "classified." Hurry home, and get here in one piece.

I've come through International Security at Dulles quite a few times. It's always a relief to hear the security personnel say "Welcome Home." You know you're in the safest and greatest nation God ever put on the face of the Earth when you hear that. You're home; no foreign country can bugger you up on phony charges once you pass through the security doors. May God bless America! How can some Americans possibly hate their own country???

Last edited:
Reactions
I like the Outdoor Edge 3.5" folder. Easy to maintain just swap the razor edge and it's like a brand new knife. It's good for puncturing but it's major strength is slicing or shaving. It' very reasonably priced, new blades are inexpensive and available on line, this is my EDC and I really like it. I don't think I would use it for chopping firewood or skinning a bear but for in town EDC, it works great.

Reactions
(I am back to the safe) This (Frank & Warren Survival Axe Type IV) was a gift from a Crew Chief on a CH53 for something I did for the aircrew. I have read the OSS Manuel on Hand to Hand using this but I don't have one. I modified this one by sharpening the end of it where it didn't have an edge. It has cut down a few million dollars worth of dope both stateside and overseas. (Got a LOUD LECTURE for one field of poppies, the command wires to an IED ran through it.)

Frank & Warren Survival Axe Type IV.jpg

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Murphy's Guns and Gunsmithing
    2.00 star(s)
    I've purchased a total of 6 or 7 firearms from Murphy's, I think. In general, it's a normal gun shop. Some folks are nice, some ignore you, some...
    • mikemenzie
  • Arizona Firearms - Tempe
    5.00 star(s)
    I went there today to pick up a firearm and had a very good experience. I will shop there again.
    • MadDuner
    5.00 star(s)
    Every time I go in there I leave with what I needed and without feeling like my wallet was raped.
    • Mrjenkins
    5.00 star(s)
    Anyone in Phoenix area should check out Arizona Firearms on University and Priest. They have a big selection of firearms and have great prices.
    • JonathanB
  • Murphy's Guns and Gunsmithing
    5.00 star(s)
    When I go in I usually will watch and listen to employees before I choose which one to talk to. The good employees are great to talk with. The...
    • Gunsandgars