Welcome to Southwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

What's your favorite non-firearm weapon?

Reactions
The blades I have bet my life on and a couple were used as designed.

The 1st photo is the fixed blades I have carried on deployments: top is a Randel issued in the 70s, 2nd down a cold steer Larado Bowie I carried in Iraq, Jorden, Cyprus, a few countries in Africa, and Afghanistan. 3rd down is a custom Bowie I had made by a WV knife maker, and bottom a Cris Reeves survival knife that was a prize at a pistol match.

The cold steel kukri was issued along with the tomahawk the Commander had made for everyone on the team before deployment.

The 2nd from bottom photo is the 2nd SOG Pentagon (lost the 1st one diving in the Gulf of Aden while working) and shoulder sheath I carried on deployments.

Bottom photo the two Benchmades I carried in Afghanistan (pointed left), the lever switch Tree Brand I got in Germany in 75, and the Microtech a friend gave me after a job we did together.

Deployed Knives.jpg

Blades 002.jpg

SOG Sheath.jpg

Arch's  2010 105.jpg

Last edited:

11Charlie

Reactions
The blades I have bet my life on and a couple were used as designed.

The 1st photo is the fixed blades I have carried on deployments: top is a Randel issued in the 70s, 2nd down a cold steer Larado Bowie I carried in Iraq, Jorden, Cyprus, a few countries in Africa, and Afghanistan. 3rd down is a custom Bowie I had made by a WV knife maker, and bottom a Cris Reeves survival knife that was a prize at a pistol match.

The cold steel kukri was issued along with the tomahawk the Commander had made for everyone on the team before deployment.

The bottom photo is the 2nd SOG Pentagon (lost the 1st one diving in the Gulf of Aden while working) and shoulder sheath I carried on deployments.

Bottom photo the two Benchmades I carried in Afghanistan (pointed left), the lever switch Tree Brand I got in Germany in 75, and the Microtech a friend gave me after a job we did together.

View attachment 4478

View attachment 4479

View attachment 4480

View attachment 4481
Pic two!!! Love the Kukri and the tomahawk!!

Reactions
My favorite knife that I own.
Its a Blackjack model #5...
5 1/2 carbon steel blade , stacked leather handle , brass guard...made in the USA
I carried this knife while I was in the Army and on four Combat deployments...
It still gets used today as a camping , hunting and kitchen knife.
Andy
DSC06038.jpg

UPCOMING EVENTS

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Arizona State Fairgrounds
1826 W McDowell Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85007, USA
Reno Convention Center
4590 S Virginia St, Reno, NV 89502, USA
The Pavilions
475 S Grand Central Pkwy, Las Vegas, NV 89106, USA

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Murphy's Guns and Gunsmithing
    5.00 star(s)
    When I go in I usually will watch and listen to employees before I choose which one to talk to...
    • Gunsandgars
  • Murphy's Guns and Gunsmithing
    4.00 star(s)
    I have purchased new and used from them. I was lucky a while back and they had a Armalite AR10A...
    • Belevolk
  • Bruno Shooter Supply
    5.00 star(s)
    Not really a gun store per se, although they do have a couple rifles there for sale, but Bruno...
    • wildcat455
  • Ammo AZ
    5.00 star(s)
    Great place,awesome staff and customer service. Have personally done business with them numerous...
    • Tecj68
  • AJI Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    I have purchased a couple of firearms from AJI. They have a good balance of tactical and other...
    • 1971Chevelle