JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking to take a bunch of classes.
I'm looking for good recommendations for CCW classes. Or any classes in general.

Please include location, name, price and contact info.

Thanks in advance!
Located in Las Vegas, Nevada

What shooting experience do you have?
I haven't shot in 5 years, so I'd definitely want to get refreshed on EVERYTHING and start from the bottom then work my way up to more advanced.
Thanks for your reply man, I remember you helped me out with the FFL transfer through PRECISION ARMOURY.
They're definitely a great shop. They went out of their way after closing to get me situated.

Sig p229

20190820_221821.gif 20190820_221456.jpg

Nice Sig with Romeo 1. I would take off the Romeo 1 and start off with the iron sites. most courses you take will not allow a red dot for qualifications. Do some dry fire training. Do your dry fire with it on a table or low ready, I say this because in the early courses there is no drawing from a holster.

I don't currently have a pistol course scheduled.

Nice Sig with Romeo 1. I would take off the Romeo 1 and start off with the iron sites. most courses you take will not allow a red dot for qualifications. Do some dry fire training. Do your dry fire with it on a table or low ready, I say this because in the early courses there is no drawing from a holster.

I don't currently have a pistol course scheduled.
Really? They dont allow red dots?
Understandable though.
As far as dry firing the main goal is to be able to "draw" and be able to get on target while maintaining good trigger control. Correct?
I don't have any snap caps or anything, will it put unnecessary wear on the gun?
Thanks!

Looking to take a bunch of classes.
I'm looking for good recommendations for CCW classes. Or any classes in general.

Please include location, name, price and contact info.

Thanks in advance!
Located in Las Vegas, Nevada
Check out ITTS. They are in SoCal. I'm no shill, but I travel from Washington state to attend there once every couple of years. Uncle Scottie is a solid instructor. No frills. Best firearms training within 1000 miles, in my opinion.

Respectfully,

Aaron

I took a CCW renewal class where the instructor talked about changes in the laws, and spent the rest of the required time on situational awareness, having the gun on you always, strategies for keeping distance in a grocery line, using a grocery cart to create distance, out in public, how to pick the best seat in a restaurant, Arming and disarming for when your gun has to stay in the car. Good storage habits, Getting in and out of the car. Etc...
It was an interesting class [ that I would have had to sit through anyway.]
The guy that taught it has moved to Tenn. But you might look for something like that. It was interesting, gave some good tips for everyday CCW carry, And got a required class out of the way.
Not so much about shooting as it was about everyday carry. DR

If you do check out Front Site, First open a new free email account. They will flood you with their marketing . The training seems to be good, but they will try to sell you a Golden Warrior level 10 membership.
Skip the membership, and just take the training. DR

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Prescott Valley, AZ
Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top