Welcome to Southwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Looking for training course recommendations. Ccw, situational awareness, all and any.

Reactions
Looking to take a bunch of classes.
I'm looking for good recommendations for CCW classes. Or any classes in general.

Please include location, name, price and contact info.

Thanks in advance!
Located in Las Vegas, Nevada

OP
Jacob
Reactions
What shooting experience do you have?
I haven't shot in 5 years, so I'd definitely want to get refreshed on EVERYTHING and start from the bottom then work my way up to more advanced.
Thanks for your reply man, I remember you helped me out with the FFL transfer through PRECISION ARMOURY.
They're definitely a great shop. They went out of their way after closing to get me situated.

Reactions
Nice Sig with Romeo 1. I would take off the Romeo 1 and start off with the iron sites. most courses you take will not allow a red dot for qualifications. Do some dry fire training. Do your dry fire with it on a table or low ready, I say this because in the early courses there is no drawing from a holster.

I don't currently have a pistol course scheduled.

OP
Jacob
Reactions
Nice Sig with Romeo 1. I would take off the Romeo 1 and start off with the iron sites. most courses you take will not allow a red dot for qualifications. Do some dry fire training. Do your dry fire with it on a table or low ready, I say this because in the early courses there is no drawing from a holster.

I don't currently have a pistol course scheduled.
Really? They dont allow red dots?
Understandable though.
As far as dry firing the main goal is to be able to "draw" and be able to get on target while maintaining good trigger control. Correct?
I don't have any snap caps or anything, will it put unnecessary wear on the gun?
Thanks!

UPCOMING EVENTS

2019 Gun Rights Policy Conference
Sheraton Crescent Hotel
2620 W Dunlap Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85021, USA
Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Centennial Hall
263 N Center St, Mesa, AZ 85201, USA

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Arizona Firearms - Tempe
    5.00 star(s)
    Anyone in Phoenix area should check out Arizona Firearms on University and Priest. They have a...
    • JonathanB
  • Murphy's Guns and Gunsmithing
    5.00 star(s)
    When I go in I usually will watch and listen to employees before I choose which one to talk to...
    • Gunsandgars
  • Murphy's Guns and Gunsmithing
    4.00 star(s)
    I have purchased new and used from them. I was lucky a while back and they had a Armalite AR10A...
    • Belevolk
  • Bruno Shooter Supply
    5.00 star(s)
    Not really a gun store per se, although they do have a couple rifles there for sale, but Bruno...
    • wildcat455
  • Ammo AZ
    5.00 star(s)
    Great place,awesome staff and customer service. Have personally done business with them numerous...
    • Tecj68