If you weren't allowed to own firearms, how would you defend yourself?

Discussion in 'Education & Training' started by Joe Link, Feb 11, 2012.

1. AMT

AMT
    Washington

Take up Okinawan martial arts.

2. Dunerunner

Dunerunner
    Gone

At 63, I'm not going to Kenpo or Krav Maga classes, so it would be a carry knife if out and about or something bigger if at home....

3. soulrider

soulrider
    soon to be Arizona

A weapon we all have and never lose (in most cases) is our mind. I would also use my training in martial arts, and anything and everything I can that is within my reach, that includes a bad guy attacker into another bad guy attacker. I usually have a knife of some sort on me. and I always have a pen. never underestimate a basic blue bic pen. If there is time, remove the ink and ball point from the housing, and with a strike in the right spot a bad guy will be down and bleed out in a few minutes. Which gives you time to concentrate on the other(s). BUT... sometimes just getting out of the situation without violence is the best.

Fahid Ram likes this.
  4. U201491

U201491 Member

What I am having trouble with here is why people would not fight to keep their rights, No one under our constitution has the right to disarm good citizens and it should never be allowed to happen even at the expense of your life. Freedom belongs to the people not the government. Failure to honor the Constitution is a high crime in my opinion. My family sacrificed too much blood for this country to
    let anyone take it away. Life without that freedom is not life, its slavery.

CAMPMEAT, RobErvin, JOE TRUMP and 3 others like this.
  5. U201491

U201491 Member

A good question that needed answers.

6. oknow

oknow
    Amboy Wa.

I hope you are talking about empty beer cans or at least not factory loaded:D

7. erudne

erudne Member

When You battle Evil Fight To Win

Dunerunner and SIGAHOLIC like this.
  8. Dunerunner

Dunerunner
    Gone

People don't realize what their freedom means. Once lost and they are under the thumb of government, they will blame everyone but themselves for allowing it to happen.

RobErvin and JOE TRUMP like this.
  9. evltwn

evltwn New Member

1. various handguns.
    2. Lawyer on retainer.

Fahid Ram and badbob85037 like this.
  10. erudne

erudne Member

Dear God do you actually believe that Criminals have been disarmed?
    I suppose you deserve to live in the fantasy you have created
    Too bad that you will die there too

Fahid Ram likes this.
  11. Mark W.

Mark W. New Member

explosives and tension propelled weapons for close in a short sword and various knives

12. Swedish K

Swedish K
    SW WA

Flamethrower! Its also the ultimate tool...
    Need to shred or destroy documents? Flamethrower!
    Trouble getting the fire started? Flamethrower!
    Need to clear the snow and ice from the drive/sidewalk? Flamethrower!
    Large group of thugs approaching? Flamethrower!
    the list goes on...

13. 2sixguns

2sixguns
    Stagecoach, Nv

Tomahawk, bow & Brass Knuckles

14. thorborg

thorborg
    oregon

I'm too old also for physical training, but I'm not too bad at fly fishing, maybe I would be a natural for the bull whip:rolleyes:

CAMPMEAT likes this.
  15. billdeserthill

billdeserthill
    Cave Creek, AZ

I like the flaming river of gas-- I had been hoping it would be incorporated along with the border wall, but it still works on it's own too

16. MadDuner

MadDuner
    Anywhere I Want

If firearms are outlawed - I will become an outlaw.
    From my cold dead hands.....

I'm slower, less agile, and less accurate than I was when I sparred every week.
    I still retain some very small percentage of proficiency in Kenpo.
    It's been over 5 years since I last kicked somebody in the head - simply because I could.

CAMPMEAT and billdeserthill like this.
  17. CAMPMEAT

CAMPMEAT
    Tubac Az.

I learned Muay Thai Kickboxing when I was 17 and kept up on till I was 27. My knees are shot from work, but I can still use my hands and elbows if need be. We all know the criminal would have a gun, so we'd all be screwed anyhow. My EDC knife would be my 2nd choice.

18. badbob85037

badbob85037
    Phoenix

The duty of an American is to teach their children when young the safety and use of a firearm. I spent my vacations when young in a deer camp or a duck blind. At the time it wasn't much fun but later in life I realized I can't thank my parents enough for that guidance.
    In a society with millions of cars you teach your child to cross the street. In a country with 350 million firearms you teach your child about firearms. Or you would think anyone with their head removed from that stinky place would. A couple months ago I had 2 of my grandsons in the backyard shooting their BB guns. One of their friends came by and shot a few times. When he went home and told his mama what he had been doing she went off on me. After my tolerance broke I let her have, no emotions just facts telling her to keep her boy away from my grandsons as if he ever ran across some yahoo's firearm better he shoot himself than one of mine. People who have never been around firearms are scared of them. People that are scared of them you take them out shooting and more times than not they become gun nuts and pro Second Amendment. If not you just leave them out there.

MadDuner and billdeserthill like this.
  19. Fahid Ram

Fahid Ram
    Las Vegas

It was a nice reply. That our mind is a most dangerous weapon. So I think every person should use it.
    In situations when I am not allowed to carry a firearm. I usually carry a knife.

20. nvshooter

nvshooter
    Nevada

I make every effort to avoid places where violence is likely to occur. I live in a small town. We have violence here, but it's very rare. Best way to avoid violence is to be home at sundown...