JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A weapon we all have and never lose (in most cases) is our mind. I would also use my training in martial arts, and anything and everything I can that is within my reach, that includes a bad guy attacker into another bad guy attacker. I usually have a knife of some sort on me. and I always have a pen. never underestimate a basic blue bic pen. If there is time, remove the ink and ball point from the housing, and with a strike in the right spot a bad guy will be down and bleed out in a few minutes. Which gives you time to concentrate on the other(s). BUT... sometimes just getting out of the situation without violence is the best.

What I am having trouble with here is why people would not fight to keep their rights, No one under our constitution has the right to disarm good citizens and it should never be allowed to happen even at the expense of your life. Freedom belongs to the people not the government. Failure to honor the Constitution is a high crime in my opinion. My family sacrificed too much blood for this country to
let anyone take it away. Life without that freedom is not life, its slavery.

What I am having trouble with here is why people would not fight to keep their rights, No one under our constitution has the right to disarm good citizens and it should never be allowed to happen even at the expense of your life. Freedom belongs to the people not the government. Failure to honor the Constitution is a high crime in my opinion. My family sacrificed too much blood for this country to

People don't realize what their freedom means. Once lost and they are under the thumb of government, they will blame everyone but themselves for allowing it to happen.

If I honestly expected trouble, this ^.

But there are many places where firearms are not allowed, and risking a felony conviction just isn't worth it. College is the big one for me. I decided years ago to spend some time learning martial arts from my father, a retired Deputy and martial arts enthusiast (in his younger days before he screwed-up his back). It's a lot of work, but you get a weapon that can't be taken away.

Learning how to use swords and other exotic melee weapons is cool, too. Not all that useful in everyday life, but still cool.
Dear God do you actually believe that Criminals have been disarmed?
I suppose you deserve to live in the fantasy you have created
Too bad that you will die there too

Flamethrower! Its also the ultimate tool...
Need to shred or destroy documents? Flamethrower!
Trouble getting the fire started? Flamethrower!
Need to clear the snow and ice from the drive/sidewalk? Flamethrower!
Large group of thugs approaching? Flamethrower!
the list goes on...

If firearms are outlawed - I will become an outlaw.
From my cold dead hands.....

I'm slower, less agile, and less accurate than I was when I sparred every week.
I still retain some very small percentage of proficiency in Kenpo.
It's been over 5 years since I last kicked somebody in the head - simply because I could.

I learned Muay Thai Kickboxing when I was 17 and kept up on till I was 27. My knees are shot from work, but I can still use my hands and elbows if need be. We all know the criminal would have a gun, so we'd all be screwed anyhow. My EDC knife would be my 2nd choice.

The duty of an American is to teach their children when young the safety and use of a firearm. I spent my vacations when young in a deer camp or a duck blind. At the time it wasn't much fun but later in life I realized I can't thank my parents enough for that guidance.
In a society with millions of cars you teach your child to cross the street. In a country with 350 million firearms you teach your child about firearms. Or you would think anyone with their head removed from that stinky place would. A couple months ago I had 2 of my grandsons in the backyard shooting their BB guns. One of their friends came by and shot a few times. When he went home and told his mama what he had been doing she went off on me. After my tolerance broke I let her have, no emotions just facts telling her to keep her boy away from my grandsons as if he ever ran across some yahoo's firearm better he shoot himself than one of mine. People who have never been around firearms are scared of them. People that are scared of them you take them out shooting and more times than not they become gun nuts and pro Second Amendment. If not you just leave them out there.

It was a nice reply. That our mind is a most dangerous weapon. So I think every person should use it.
In situations when I am not allowed to carry a firearm. I usually carry a knife.

I make every effort to avoid places where violence is likely to occur. I live in a small town. We have violence here, but it's very rare. Best way to avoid violence is to be home at sundown...

New Resource Reviews

Back Top