JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There are actually training courses in our area that teach that Joe. There is one up in Camas that a father and son teach I would really like to got to. I guess the father is retired SWAT and the son a ex navy seal. They do the course I think twice a year.

There are actually training courses in our area that teach that Joe. There is one up in Camas that a father and son teach I would really like to got to. I guess the father is retired SWAT and the son a ex navy seal. They do the course I think twice a year.

Good to know! I'll have to look into that. I'm in dire need of some quality pistol training :D

Just picked up gen 5 g26... cant wait to take it out to desert and shoot it.....

Congrats on the pickup. Once you shoot it I'd appreciate a review!

I love my Gen 3 Glock 19 and I've been eyeing the Gen 5's.

Congrats on the pickup. Once you shoot it I'd appreciate a review!

I love my Gen 3 Glock 19 and I've been eyeing the Gen 5's.
Took it out today...due to circumstances i only shot one mag...in that mag i found it to be every bit a glock. The first round kicked more than i expected but after that was fine. I think i was just anxious to get that first shot off. I put pinky extensions on the factory mag. For my hand, the extension gives fuller grip.I'll post more after I've shot more. But I expect only more examples of glock reliability

Last Edited:
Not 26. Had gen 3 19 and 23. Loved em both. But traded them away. Been looking to add glock back to my collection for awhile....ive learned my lesson. Im not trading away my glocks again...lol

I've learned that lesson too! On my 4th Glock 19 now :)

I think it's pretty much a given that if you see a guy with a fanny pack - that he's carrying something in there that goes BANG!! I wear a fanny pack when I'm out hiking with the family. It saves the awkward looks from other hikers that you would get for open carrying.

The moral of the story is to not mess with old guys wearing fanny packs! LOL

My old neighbor busted me because of my old man fanny pack.........

I have to say that since I have been confirmed to a wheelchair I love my fanny pack from Coronado Leather. My old Sig Sauer P232 is a perfect fit and with the new NovX ammo I don't feel under gunned for defense. I agree that fanny packs can go bang!

During the week I typically carry a Sig P938 or Kahr PM40.

Weekends it's Sig P239 in .40, or an 80 Series MKIV Colt Lightweight Officer's ACP.

I pretty much always pocket carry. I learned a long time ago that if I was carrying a full sized gun as soon as I get home it ends up either on the counter or in a drawer.
But the pocket guns just stay with me all day!

Two of my favorites are the Walther PP [ PPK's bigger brother] and the Beretta 70. They are both 8 + 1 guns. which gets me pretty close to Ca's 10 round limit in a pocket size gun.

In Aug I had a couple of shoulder surgerys, And needed a carry gun that I could shoot one handed and with my weak hand. So I picked up a S&W 642. It took me awhile to learn to shoot it well, But now that I've got it down I may not go back! It rides in a front jeans pocket so much better than the Semi's did.
With the semi's I had to be careful to buy jeans with deep enough pockets. The 642 does not have that problem. It's happy in most any pocket.

I carry it with 148 gr lead wad cutters at about 800 fps. They seem to cut a full caliber hole through anything I have shot! And are not a high recoiling round. Once my arm has recovered I may switch to 158 grain at the same speed.
For a reload I carry 130 grain round nose bullets because they are easiest to guide into the chambers without looking.

I really like this gun. The only change I would make would be to loose the lock.[ But I am in CA!] DR

You may not want to go to a 158 grain bullet in your 642. In my younger days as a police officer we found the lighter bullets to be more accurate in the 36/60 that were carried off duty. Hope your shoulder heals fast. I've had both done and physical therapy was rough. Good luck.

My constant companion / pocket lint collector is a KelTec P32. ALWAYS in my pocket, 'cuz hey, a .32 in your pocket is better than a .45 at home in the safe!

I have always been a 1911 guy, so I always carry one! Most days, it's a Kimber Eclipse 10 mm auto, and on lighter days, its a Para Warthawg double stack 9 mm!
thumbnail_20180126_210710.jpg

New Resource Reviews

Back Top