Which guns do you carry regularly?

Discussion in 'Defensive Carry & Self Defense' started by Joe Link, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki
    Sub Light Speed

For areas where Open carry is acceptable ( And in my A.O. Completely normal and expected) I carry a matched pair of Ruger Old Army .44s in nice leather!
    maxresdefault.jpg
    il_570xN_1035434887_51db.jpg
    144122d1462825559-1858-remington-yes-i-needed-buy-dscf7581.jpg

JOE TRUMP and SKrueger like this.
  2. Wise1

Wise1
    Dallas, Texas

Alternate; Glock 19 for a week.. then Springfield XD Subcompact for a week, IWB. Mini Tru Glo laser hanging off the rail of each.

Joe Link and Ura-Ki like this.
  3. Joe Link

Joe Link
    Out West
    Moderator Staff Member

Interesting. I haven't tried more than one type of defensive ammo in my 642 (and I can't remember which). I'll have to keep this in mind next time I'm buying ammo, and then do a little testing.

That's how I am with my LCP 2 (used to be a P3AT before I upgraded).

Nice! Know any tricks? :D

Ura-Ki likes this.
  4. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki
    Sub Light Speed

Hah, I kow all kinds of tricks! Lol
    What would you like to see?

Joe Link and SKrueger like this.
  5. RobErvin

RobErvin
    Arizona

I carry S&W Shield 9MM just about everywhere. Very light and concealable with 8 + 1 rounds, at times I almost forget I have it.

6. Mbonadio

Mbonadio
    Ahwatukee

I have several sub compacts.. a Sig p320sc, a Sig 938, a Taurus 605 .38/357 snub, a Springfield mod.2 40 and a shield 9mm that I picked up cheap at Palmetto over xmas.

I really like the little Sig 938. But it's a spXmas. 'we the people' model and I am afraid of scratching the finish. I like the idea of a da/sa as a carry.

Funny thing is the shield is actually really becoming a favorite. So easy to handle. Shoots 124gr Hornady defensive rounds nicely too.

I have a CZ75 compact that I would love to carry concealed and I love that gun dearly but just a little too heavy and large. It's my favorite over my whole collection. If I open carry it's usually on my side.

RobErvin likes this.
  7. 777Armory

777Armory
    Las Vegas

Springfield Champion Operator on me, AR15 or Marlin in the truck.

Stogie and Mbonadio like this.
  8. Stogie

Stogie
    Mesa AZ

I carry a S&W 340PD. Nice and light almost forget I have it. More capacity would be nice but it’s so easy to haul around all day.

9. Mbonadio

Mbonadio
    Ahwatukee

Picked up a glock 43 last night. Shot it today. Love the way it fits. Sold my shield which is a decent pistol and easily conceals but it wasn't best for me. Got it cheap last xmas from Pak otto and passed the savings into a good friend who now can carry! Will still keep my 938 as occasional carry . had a chance to handle the nee Sig p365. Not a fit. But a pretty nice piece.

CAMPMEAT and JohnnieAZ like this.
  10. tce357

tce357
    Nevada

Springfield xds .45 acp set in a Crossbreed IWB holster, 2 mags on non dominant side balance the load. Total of 22 rds. of Federal Hydro-Shok 230gr. Hollow point.

Mbonadio likes this.
  11. Mbonadio

Mbonadio
    Ahwatukee

How do you like that crossbreed holster? I have an aliengear cloakmod 3 and was thinking about the shapeshift but it seems bulky. Gets good reviews and I like that it has 4 options in the starter kit. Could also upgrade yo the more comfy cloakmod 3.5 and keep my shells. Or abandon. I have a few cheaper leather and kydex models. They work but lack robustness and ease of draw over my aliengear. But yes they are small and comfy. No wonder people have a drawer full of holsters! I am small framed so more sensitive to printing and fit than others.

12. tce357

tce357
    Nevada

Absolutely love the crossbreed line..also have Alien Gear that I use for my Ruger SP101 .357 mag. I like the crossbreed better. The belt clips seem to have better retention and the leather seems more ply able..

13. Oldseamus

Oldseamus
    Tucson, AZ,

Untill I can find something smaller, I've started carrying a Zastava CZ999. I like my 1911s "cocked and locked " carry, but a friend's suggestion of chambered da/sa made sense. The long deliberate 1st trigger pull of the Zastava, followed up with a much lighter single action pull seems like a safe way to carry. It's a heavy gun though. Also only really comfortable owb. I miss my kel tec 3AT. That thing disapeared no matter where I carried it. It was so light it felt like a magnum to shoot, but it was nice to have cause it was something I could have with me always. Like my keys, or my leatherman.

14. tce357

tce357
    Nevada

I do like to carry my 1911 locked and cock ed in a crossbreed IWB holster..it tucks in nicely and doesn't print..typically wear it to church and when I feel like swithing out my EDC weapon.

15. CAMPMEAT

CAMPMEAT
    Tubac Az.

.45, 357 Sig, 9mm, 10mm, 22 TCM all depending on where I'm going.

16. Oldseamus

Oldseamus
    Tucson, AZ,

How do you like the 22tcm? Ever since I heard about the RIA combo it's been on my short list of want to buy!

17. LVLouisCyphre

LVLouisCyphre
    Southern Nevada

• Primary; SIG P250(S)C-9; I typically have the subcompact over the compact
    • BUG: SIG P290RS-EDC-9 which I jokingly call my square J-frame
    • Tertiary; Charter Arms Pitbull in 9x19mm
    • Quaternary; Bond Arms Backup; .45 Colt/.410 barrel (3" chamber)
    I typically have more than two if I'm traveling. There are times when I only carry my BUG.

18. Adam1182

Adam1182
    Prescott, AZ

Honestly it's whatever I feel like carrying and that itself is based on the risk assessment. If blm/black panthers, la raza, militant ISIS muslim types or antifa get crazy here in the states, double stacks and at a minimum a compact in length.

I either carry a Shield 1.0 in 9 or a 320 Compact in .45 with an APLc regularly and sometimes a 320 Compact in 9 with the X-Carry frame instead of the Compact module with an APLc too. All are IWB.

Once in a while a Colt Mustang XSP pocket carry for deep concealment and to keep the wife from b*tching about it being on me when we do dates in my nice clothes.

Out in the mountains or desert/forest and off the grid, a G20 OWB with a Streamlight TR1-HL. It's the only time that I will willingly open carry.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019 at 1:07 PM
  19. JBrown

JBrown
    Arizona

Glock 30 gen 3 , Ruger lc9 back up. Using Rugers Arx personal defense rounds in each.

20. 1971Chevelle

1971Chevelle
    Mesa, AZ

Normal is a Sig Sauer P320 full size, a Rock Island full size 1911 .45, or a Baby Desert Eagle 9mm. Occasionally I will strap on the Desert Eagle .50 AE, now that I have a sturdy Kydex holster for it.