JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For areas where Open carry is acceptable ( And in my A.O. Completely normal and expected) I carry a matched pair of Ruger Old Army .44s in nice leather!
maxresdefault.jpg
il_570xN_1035434887_51db.jpg
144122d1462825559-1858-remington-yes-i-needed-buy-dscf7581.jpg

You may not want to go to a 158 grain bullet in your 642. In my younger days as a police officer we found the lighter bullets to be more accurate in the 36/60 that were carried off duty. Hope your shoulder heals fast. I've had both done and physical therapy was rough. Good luck.

Interesting. I haven't tried more than one type of defensive ammo in my 642 (and I can't remember which). I'll have to keep this in mind next time I'm buying ammo, and then do a little testing.

My constant companion / pocket lint collector is a KelTec P32. ALWAYS in my pocket, 'cuz hey, a .32 in your pocket is better than a .45 at home in the safe!

That's how I am with my LCP 2 (used to be a P3AT before I upgraded).

For areas where Open carry is acceptable ( And in my A.O. Completely normal and expected) I carry a matched pair of Ruger Old Army .44s in nice leather!
View attachment 981
View attachment 982
View attachment 983

Nice! Know any tricks? :D

Interesting. I haven't tried more than one type of defensive ammo in my 642 (and I can't remember which). I'll have to keep this in mind next time I'm buying ammo, and then do a little testing.

That's how I am with my LCP 2 (used to be a P3AT before I upgraded).

Nice! Know any tricks? :D
Hah, I kow all kinds of tricks! Lol
What would you like to see?

I have several sub compacts.. a Sig p320sc, a Sig 938, a Taurus 605 .38/357 snub, a Springfield mod.2 40 and a shield 9mm that I picked up cheap at Palmetto over xmas.

I really like the little Sig 938. But it's a spXmas. 'we the people' model and I am afraid of scratching the finish. I like the idea of a da/sa as a carry.

Funny thing is the shield is actually really becoming a favorite. So easy to handle. Shoots 124gr Hornady defensive rounds nicely too.

I have a CZ75 compact that I would love to carry concealed and I love that gun dearly but just a little too heavy and large. It's my favorite over my whole collection. If I open carry it's usually on my side.

Picked up a glock 43 last night. Shot it today. Love the way it fits. Sold my shield which is a decent pistol and easily conceals but it wasn't best for me. Got it cheap last xmas from Pak otto and passed the savings into a good friend who now can carry! Will still keep my 938 as occasional carry . had a chance to handle the nee Sig p365. Not a fit. But a pretty nice piece.

Springfield xds .45 acp set in a Crossbreed IWB holster, 2 mags on non dominant side balance the load. Total of 22 rds. of Federal Hydro-Shok 230gr. Hollow point.

How do you like that crossbreed holster? I have an aliengear cloakmod 3 and was thinking about the shapeshift but it seems bulky. Gets good reviews and I like that it has 4 options in the starter kit. Could also upgrade yo the more comfy cloakmod 3.5 and keep my shells. Or abandon. I have a few cheaper leather and kydex models. They work but lack robustness and ease of draw over my aliengear. But yes they are small and comfy. No wonder people have a drawer full of holsters! I am small framed so more sensitive to printing and fit than others.

Absolutely love the crossbreed line..also have Alien Gear that I use for my Ruger SP101 .357 mag. I like the crossbreed better. The belt clips seem to have better retention and the leather seems more ply able..

Untill I can find something smaller, I've started carrying a Zastava CZ999. I like my 1911s "cocked and locked " carry, but a friend's suggestion of chambered da/sa made sense. The long deliberate 1st trigger pull of the Zastava, followed up with a much lighter single action pull seems like a safe way to carry. It's a heavy gun though. Also only really comfortable owb. I miss my kel tec 3AT. That thing disapeared no matter where I carried it. It was so light it felt like a magnum to shoot, but it was nice to have cause it was something I could have with me always. Like my keys, or my leatherman.

I do like to carry my 1911 locked and cock ed in a crossbreed IWB holster..it tucks in nicely and doesn't print..typically wear it to church and when I feel like swithing out my EDC weapon.

• Primary; SIG P250(S)C-9; I typically have the subcompact over the compact
  • BUG: SIG P290RS-EDC-9 which I jokingly call my square J-frame
  • Tertiary; Charter Arms Pitbull in 9x19mm
  • Quaternary; Bond Arms Backup; .45 Colt/.410 barrel (3" chamber)
I typically have more than two if I'm traveling. There are times when I only carry my BUG.

Honestly it's whatever I feel like carrying and that itself is based on the risk assessment. If blm/black panthers, la raza, militant ISIS muslim types or antifa get crazy here in the states, double stacks and at a minimum a compact in length.

I either carry a Shield 1.0 in 9 or a 320 Compact in .45 with an APLc regularly and sometimes a 320 Compact in 9 with the X-Carry frame instead of the Compact module with an APLc too. All are IWB.

Once in a while a Colt Mustang XSP pocket carry for deep concealment and to keep the wife from b*tching about it being on me when we do dates in my nice clothes.

Out in the mountains or desert/forest and off the grid, a G20 OWB with a Streamlight TR1-HL. It's the only time that I will willingly open carry.

Last Edited:
Normal is a Sig Sauer P320 full size, a Rock Island full size 1911 .45, or a Baby Desert Eagle 9mm. Occasionally I will strap on the Desert Eagle .50 AE, now that I have a sturdy Kydex holster for it.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Sandy, UT

New Resource Reviews

Back Top