JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just remembered this thread... I was wrong (first time this year, LOL!) it wasn't a Cold Steel tanto...

I've had this SOG Tsunami tanto fighting knife since about the late 90's... it's amazing, and sharp enough to shave with. This is the knife I wish I had in my kit back in the late 80's and early 90's!

2A0BD43A-3F82-41A3-90F8-D979EF98A318.jpeg

Just remembered this thread... I was wrong (first time this year, LOL!) it wasn't a Cold Steel tanto...

I've had this SOG Tsunami tanto fighting knife since about the late 90's... it's amazing, and sharp enough to shave with. This is the knife I wish I had in my kit back in the late 80's and early 90's!

View attachment 8833
SO, naturally when I want one they have quit making them! Nice, real nice pig-sticker... looks like a real handy little blade!

What happens when you are old your toy collection ends up bigger than your needs. All of the ones posted here are items I have carried OCONUS. All except the Randel in the top photo, the tomahawk, and Cold Steel Kuckuri in the middle photo were bought by me. In the lower photo, the Gerber was the first knife ever issued in 1974, outside of a bayonet, and the other two were symbols of the units I worked in that I purchased.

Crew served knives 001.jpg

Blades 003.jpg

Blades 005.jpg

Arch's  2010 100.jpg

. . . my Rambo First Blood replica...

View attachment 8488
That's an attractive knife. Is it a quality piece, with good heft and good balance? I have something similar, but it was made in Pakistan and I'm not proud of it. I think I paid ten bucks for it about twenty years ago. It looks good on my belt, but I'd never rely on it to be a self-defense weapon. Just the size if it might do the job, but I'm not one for testing the hypothesis...

. . . all of his and most of my tools were stolen during our house remodel around ten years ago. :mad:
I can relate. My dad bought a khanjar in Saudi Arabia decades ago. A khanjar is a short knife with a 90-degree scabbard set-up to be worn while riding a camel into combat. I have no idea how old was that knife, but it was bought in the early 1970s; it also showed lots of wear, dings and dents in the scabbard. Some batsard stole the knife and scabbard that was hanging on a teak screen by our front door in the upstairs living room of our house. Also stolen were a pair of Alaskan mukluks handmade in the early 1950s when my dad was up there as a young man in the Army. Both items are irreplaceable in these present days. My dad will be 93 in February and his days of traipsing all over Saudi are long behind him. I hope the vile thief who stole my dad's khanjar someday has it turned against him and gets to feel its bite...

khanjar-01.JPG

Father gave me this knife on my 40th birthday.
The handle is some what cushioned and it is a comfortable tool to carry.
I used to work at a place where I had this knife and a flashlite in a belt holder. I was cornered by some idiot and was told I could not carry a knife.
It is not a knife it is a tool, was my response. 30 minutes later she was asking to borrow it to open boxes.

gerber folding.jpg

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top