Newbie from the UK moving to Utah soon

nvshooter

Reactions
The one thing I noticed when I was in Utah was the wind was always blowing.
Same thing for me when I lived in Idaho Falls, ID between June 1973 to June 1975. Seemed the wind never, ever stopped. I had lots of hair back then, and it was always blown into a mess by the time I'd walked the 300 yards to school. I wasn't smart enough to carry a small comb, so I'd get to my first class with my hair a screamin' disaster.

I hated Idaho; just hated it. I went back to my home there in Summer 2004 and knocked on the door. The owner answered, I told her who I was and she invited me in to tour my home from 29 years previous. She'd done a great deal of remodeling, although the bedroom for my brother and I was still the same color. The furnace room my dad had spent hundreds of hours turning into a bedroom for my younger sister had been gutted. A passageway between the downstairs living room and the laundry room had been filled-in. The breakfast counter in the upstairs kitchen had been removed. It was her house, so she had every right to do with it what she wanted.

nvshooter

Reactions
The other thing I notice in my trips to Utah is the lack of windmills generating electricity.
I hate them ugly batsards. Entire hillsides have been destroyed by those hideous things. Yeah; they may supply some electricity... but it must not be very much per each because there are so many of them in comparatively small areas. And I hear birds of prey fly into the blades and get killed.

Reactions
There is trouble with all forms of tech. I was not referring to wind farms, I was thinking about the rancher with property out away from town. Single tower less than 50 feet in the air. I drove through Palm Springs once on the freeway and out of the 100's of towers there were 3-4 turning. Our tax dollars at work again. I have a buddy that has 2 400 watt 1 600 watt and 1 1000 watt towers for his homestead. He has told me over and over the 2 smaller ones produce far more hours of electricity than the other two combined. All about how much wind and for how long. There are 4 towers less than 3 miles from my land in East Tucson. Only 2 turn, one is missing a blade.

Reactions
Christmas might be a premature.
I just read an what I am going to call an intelligent outlook. Lowered all expectation on infections and the herd immunity, a good thing. However the author made the assumption that once you have covid you can not get it again. I do not believe that has been proven. If it has I missed it. The basis of his paper was based on Sweden, works fine there, this is not Sweden.

Some lighthearted fun attached.

2020.jpg police in brazil.png baloon bike.jpg brc-19-habitat-for-insanity.png good analogy for end of lockdown.jpg

UPCOMING EVENTS

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Arizona State Fairgrounds
1826 W McDowell Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85007, USA
Reno Convention Center
4590 S Virginia St, Reno, NV 89502, USA
Findlay Toyota Center
3201 Main St, Prescott Valley, AZ 86314, USA
Top Bottom