JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The one thing I noticed when I was in Utah was the wind was always blowing.
Same thing for me when I lived in Idaho Falls, ID between June 1973 to June 1975. Seemed the wind never, ever stopped. I had lots of hair back then, and it was always blown into a mess by the time I'd walked the 300 yards to school. I wasn't smart enough to carry a small comb, so I'd get to my first class with my hair a screamin' disaster.

I hated Idaho; just hated it. I went back to my home there in Summer 2004 and knocked on the door. The owner answered, I told her who I was and she invited me in to tour my home from 29 years previous. She'd done a great deal of remodeling, although the bedroom for my brother and I was still the same color. The furnace room my dad had spent hundreds of hours turning into a bedroom for my younger sister had been gutted. A passageway between the downstairs living room and the laundry room had been filled-in. The breakfast counter in the upstairs kitchen had been removed. It was her house, so she had every right to do with it what she wanted.

The other thing I notice in my trips to Utah is the lack of windmills generating electricity. I would have a windmill if I had a steady breeze. Since I do not I have solar panels batteries.

The other thing I notice in my trips to Utah is the lack of windmills generating electricity.
I hate them ugly batsards. Entire hillsides have been destroyed by those hideous things. Yeah; they may supply some electricity... but it must not be very much per each because there are so many of them in comparatively small areas. And I hear birds of prey fly into the blades and get killed.

There is trouble with all forms of tech. I was not referring to wind farms, I was thinking about the rancher with property out away from town. Single tower less than 50 feet in the air. I drove through Palm Springs once on the freeway and out of the 100's of towers there were 3-4 turning. Our tax dollars at work again. I have a buddy that has 2 400 watt 1 600 watt and 1 1000 watt towers for his homestead. He has told me over and over the 2 smaller ones produce far more hours of electricity than the other two combined. All about how much wind and for how long. There are 4 towers less than 3 miles from my land in East Tucson. Only 2 turn, one is missing a blade.

Christmas might be a premature.
I just read an what I am going to call an intelligent outlook. Lowered all expectation on infections and the herd immunity, a good thing. However the author made the assumption that once you have covid you can not get it again. I do not believe that has been proven. If it has I missed it. The basis of his paper was based on Sweden, works fine there, this is not Sweden.

Some lighthearted fun attached.

2020.jpg police in brazil.png baloon bike.jpg brc-19-habitat-for-insanity.png good analogy for end of lockdown.jpg

Hello all.
Just a small introduction, I am from the UK but I will be moving to St George area in about 8 months or so. Looking to get back into shooting sports as in the UK we are no longer allowed to have handguns when I arrive in Utah . Before the ban came in the late 80s/early 90s I was in my 20s and learnt to shoot using a S&W 586 357 mag and a Beretta 92 9mm. Im hoping to get back into it once again ,my interest is more in revolvers that semi autos to be honest. Not having shot anything bigger than a Black powder 36 Navy Colt a few years back im just looking for help for good Gun smiths/Stores and a good range in St George.
Many thanks in advance NJ :)
Hello NeilJames,
I am a fairly new refugee from Oregon 6/15/2020. Living here in St George as well, haven't had the opportunity to get to a range yet, have you?

It comes down from Idaho Falls, Idaho. I lived there from June 1, 1973 to June 23, 1975. The dam-ned wind never stopped! It would blow my carefully-combed hair all to helsinki by the time I'd walked about 300 yards to Skyline High School. I had a full, thick head of hair back then. Mostly gone, these days. I was back for a day in Summer 2004; visited my old house. I do not remember if it was windy or not...

I drove through southern Utah and visited the parks. The wind was something I noticed and the lack of wind mills. Not even the farmers used wind for pumping water. Maybe to deep.
I fell in love with Hurricane and spent some time trying to move there. It became painfully obvious that getting a job was not possible. I was an outsider and not of the correct religion.
Still a great place to live especially if your an outdoors man/person.

Same for Idaho Falls, Idaho. I lived there from June 1, 1973 to late June 1975. Wind never stopped. God, I hated that. I was young and had a full head of hair. I'd comb it up quite nicely, then walk the 300 yards to Skyline High School. By the time I got there, my hair looked like I'd walked through a tornado. I have no desire to ever go back there...

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top