nvshooter

Reactions
K&M neck turning tools...
I have one of those, too. I used it a few times, then wished I'd bought one that has just one adjustment for the thickness of the neck. The K&M has two. Users have to adjust one and then the other several times to get the desired thickness. My impression was that using the tool was like trying to solve one equation with two variables. I formed a case and tried to chamber it without turning the neck. The bolt closed just fine. I measured the total neck clearance to be just 0.001 inches. Never used the tool again; that was seven or eight years ago (maybe even longer)...

Reactions
I understand exactly what you are talking about. I have been using the Hornady version since I started reloading but came to a point that I was looking for something better that could duplicate the turning thickness all to fit the bushings for neck sizing. So far I like it.
Then I recently purchased the LE Wilson case length cutter, again replacing the Hornady version, it works great.

Reactions
I have one of those, too. I used it a few times, then wished I'd bought one that has just one adjustment for the thickness of the neck. The K&M has two. Users have to adjust one and then the other several times to get the desired thickness. My impression was that using the tool was like trying to solve one equation with two variables. I formed a case and tried to chamber it without turning the neck. The bolt closed just fine. I measured the total neck clearance to be just 0.001 inches. Never used the tool again; that was seven or eight years ago (maybe even longer)...
I understand exactly what you are talking about. I have been using the Hornady version since I started reloading but came to a point that I was looking for something better that could duplicate the turning thickness all to fit the bushings for neck sizing. So far I like it.
Then I recently purchased the LE Wilson case length cutter, again replacing the Hornady version, it works great.

Reactions
Bought this 6.8 SPC from a member. With a paint job, optics change, and some upgraded accessories will be my daughter's new PIG hunting rig with more punch than the M-4 5.56 Carbine I gave her for other pigs.

View attachment 9863

Nice! What color/pattern are you going to go with?

Colt was a trade in at LGS. Got a great deal on it. Never shot a SAR but always good reviews. Very nice firearm on the lines of a CZ. This is the target model. Has some weight to it.

SAR has been around a very long time.

You'll have to post a review thread once you get a chance to shoot it :s0155:

Latest Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Top Bottom