JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Don't know why, but it was love at first sight. I had to have her . . . . . .

While I have been known to associate with a few Argentinian's, I have never had one of this caliber. It was a total impulse, one that I could not shake. Her time spent with the Buenos Aires police force only heightened my intrigue. I knew I had to make her mine . . . . . . .

(Guns are girls, right?)

Introducing, Zoid's newest Argentinian acquisition. My Belgium manufactured, 1961 Buenos Aires Police contract, Browning Hi-Power . . . . . . .

Argentine Buenos Aires 1961 Police Hi-Power - 01.jpg Argentine Buenos Aires 1961 Police Hi-Power - 02.jpg

Argentine Buenos Aires 1961 Police Hi-Power - 03.jpg

Argentine Buenos Aires 1961 Police Hi-Power - 04.jpg

Argentine Buenos Aires 1961 Police Hi-Power - 05.jpg

Argentine Buenos Aires 1961 Police Hi-Power - 06.jpg

Argentine Buenos Aires 1961 Police Hi-Power - 07.jpg

Argentine Buenos Aires 1961 Police Hi-Power - 09.jpg

Last Edited:
Nice! What caliber? How's she shoot?

9mm Luger / Parabellum. I probably won't get out to shoot it for a week or three. I am getting more and more excited about finding this little diamond in the rough. I've gone through it pretty completely and cannot find a single import stamp.

Oh crap, I feel an ICE raid coming on. We have an "undocumented alien" on our hands here . . . . . .

I took her apart and got a few snapshots of her undressed . . . . . .

A BHP collector told me to go looking for these . . .

They confirm a date of manufacture of the 2nd quarter of 1962, if you can decipher the hieroglyphics . . . . . .

Z

Argentine Buenos Aires 1961 Police Hi-Power - 10.JPG

1590004633143.png

Argentine Buenos Aires 1961 Police Hi-Power - 11.JPG

Argentine Buenos Aires 1961 Police Hi-Power - 12.JPG

Argentine Buenos Aires 1961 Police Hi-Power - 13.JPG

Argentine Buenos Aires 1961 Police Hi-Power - 14.JPG

Nice solid piece... love a BHP, and have had a few!... Wish I hadnt traded off my .45 acp Buenos Aries Colt... My own True Love is a tall, lanky, slender, blonde Swedish babe.. weighing in at 6.5X55...:D

Last Edited:
Beautiful acquisition @ZoidMeister, I didn't know 1961 Argentinian Police BHP's were also manufactured in 1962...
I have seen another 1962 BHP with very similar markings, they are my interest: the pre-T Series BHP.
Did you take pics of the hammer, slide stop back, Firing Pin Plate? sometimes markings telling the year of manufacture are found there too...
I attach pics...

IMG_1237r.jpg IMG_1295r.jpg IMG_1306r.jpg IMG_1883r.jpg APC_0006r.jpg

Emily Willis, one of my favorite pron actresses, is from Argentina. I'd love to go down there and get one just like her...

A man spoke to me in the Spice House strip club in Reno a number of years ago. He told me about dove hunts down there. You go down there, shoot 1000 to 1500 dove a day for a week, and spend the nights in a bro-thel where the rates are quite agreeable. Hot da-mn, but would I like to go! Too bad my job keeps me working six days a week...

emily-willis-01.JPG

Last Edited:
That your pistol was manufactured in 1961 is reason enough for me to have bought it, too.

My Uncle Eddie passed away in December 2022. He left a Remington Model 34 and a Remington Model 721 to me, along with several other guns that are essentially worthless, they're so beat-up. The Model 34 was manufactured between 1932 and 1935. 163,000 were made; the s/n on mine is 141,000-some. The 721 was made between 1948 and 1962. It's a .30-06. Doesn't look like it was fired all too much. I have no idea what I'll do with these firearms. They're old, but some show lots of wear. I'm thinking someone who really likes old guns would want them but for me, they have no allure...

Uncle Eddie also left a very nice Remington 870 Wingmaster in 12-gauge. The barrel looks "long" to me, but I don't know schiff about shotguns. Looks like it's seen very little use, as well. I have four gunsocks, which are required to be slipped onto any firearm a customer brings into the Scheels in Sparks. One of these days I'll take these guns in, have them appraised and leave them there to be sold while I take the check and go buy reloading components with Scheels' own money. They have some very nice Kimbers in the cages. I just might crack under the pressure of a check in my pocket and a nice balance at Morgan Stanley... and buy one of the Kimbers on the way out. I already own two .45ACPs, but what the helsinki, huh?

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top