JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Been busy with restoring a 1981 El Camino but couldn't resist this new in box Beta CMAG 100 round .556 magazine.

89F9BAB3-6600-407D-A371-8DDE8EB93030.jpeg

K&M neck turning tools...
I have one of those, too. I used it a few times, then wished I'd bought one that has just one adjustment for the thickness of the neck. The K&M has two. Users have to adjust one and then the other several times to get the desired thickness. My impression was that using the tool was like trying to solve one equation with two variables. I formed a case and tried to chamber it without turning the neck. The bolt closed just fine. I measured the total neck clearance to be just 0.001 inches. Never used the tool again; that was seven or eight years ago (maybe even longer)...

I understand exactly what you are talking about. I have been using the Hornady version since I started reloading but came to a point that I was looking for something better that could duplicate the turning thickness all to fit the bushings for neck sizing. So far I like it.
Then I recently purchased the LE Wilson case length cutter, again replacing the Hornady version, it works great.

I have one of those, too. I used it a few times, then wished I'd bought one that has just one adjustment for the thickness of the neck. The K&M has two. Users have to adjust one and then the other several times to get the desired thickness. My impression was that using the tool was like trying to solve one equation with two variables. I formed a case and tried to chamber it without turning the neck. The bolt closed just fine. I measured the total neck clearance to be just 0.001 inches. Never used the tool again; that was seven or eight years ago (maybe even longer)...
I understand exactly what you are talking about. I have been using the Hornady version since I started reloading but came to a point that I was looking for something better that could duplicate the turning thickness all to fit the bushings for neck sizing. So far I like it.
Then I recently purchased the LE Wilson case length cutter, again replacing the Hornady version, it works great.

Bought this 6.8 SPC from a member. With a paint job, optics change, and some upgraded accessories will be my daughter's new PIG hunting rig with more punch than the M-4 5.56 Carbine I gave her for other pigs.

6.8 Rock River.jpg

Bought this 6.8 SPC from a member. With a paint job, optics change, and some upgraded accessories will be my daughter's new PIG hunting rig with more punch than the M-4 5.56 Carbine I gave her for other pigs.

View attachment 9863

Nice! What color/pattern are you going to go with?

Colt was a trade in at LGS. Got a great deal on it. Never shot a SAR but always good reviews. Very nice firearm on the lines of a CZ. This is the target model. Has some weight to it.

SAR has been around a very long time.

You'll have to post a review thread once you get a chance to shoot it :s0155:

atZqeWZh.jpg

Colt 1911 22 ( Walther ) Gold Cup Trophy

I actually bought the gun last week but I got in a new trigger kit from Cylinder & Slide today. I really like this gun. Fit and finish are like the original Colt 1911.

I added a fiber optic front sight from Dawson Precision. Trigger pull was in the range of 9.5 pounds, thus the reason for the C&S kit. It's supposed to bring it down to 4.5.

I picked up 5 more magazines and hope to shoot this as a second gun for Steel Challenge matches.

A six-pack of Mirror Pond Pale Ale and a six-pack of Black Butte Porter after three weeks of being sicker than a dog with this damnable bladder cancer. That first Ale was so tasty, was as if God had sent it to me...

Was rummaging through my unused second bedroom when I found a box that had within it 300 rounds of .45ACP. Some of it was my reloads with 230-grain lead round-nosers while at least three boxes (if I recall) were factory loads. Two were 230-grain FMJ and one was JHP. The thing that raised my eyebrows was the prices on the boxes: $16 and $17 for fifty rounds from Clark Brothers in Warrenton, VA. This had to be from the late 1990s.

Clark Brothers is where I went to shoot before I moved to the vast and unfenced deserts of Nevada. Clark Brothers had a 100-yard range behind the retail store and I kind o' remember just five or six benches for rifles. Handguns had four or five positions. It got busy in the warmer months and waiting for a bench could take several hours. It was nigh unto impossible to get a bench when huntin' season came around; the new guns sold by Clark Brothers had to be sighted-in with factory ammo by those who were on fire to go kill something ... even if it was the tire on their jeep or the fender of same.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top