JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Along with the nonsense everyone has mentioned. The cost of ammo if it is available has skyrocketed. My partner stopped at an ACE out east in Tucson, noted for having floor to ceiling stock of ammo and reloading products. He was met with empty shelves. I am taking stock of the MEC reloader today. I know there is enough powder but the primers, shot and wads might be a different animal. We also have to make some runs on our Dillon. A couple of thousand 45's seems like a good idea. That should deplete the raw elements for that caliber.
This is just BS fanned by the media and their need to be popular. I also can not fathom the crap on testing kits. If you positive you are going to be in bed, just like the flu. Only now you have a name for it. No vaccine and none on the horizon for what a year or more? The the reports of active cases more than doubled in Arizona over night, the presenter glossed over the reporting ERROR.
I am off to Wally world for the second half of my insulin needs for the month.

I went outside after being stuck in the compound for 8 days after surgery. I drove down to Nogales Az for supplies and even there everything was sold out. Very light traffic too......

I have noticed less traffic were I live between Prescott and Wickenburg. The local Dollar General claimed a run on TP last week but still quite a bit on the shelves. There seemed to be normal shopping traffic at the grocery store in Prescott a week ago, Although I checked and saw the gun show in Prescott Valley , next week, has been canceled, and JG Sales web sight states they are only open in the afternoons for limited access, I really don't need another gun LOL!

I want to head to town for fresh fruits and Veggies tomorrow but if necessary I can survive on Dollar General canned goods.

I can still head out the the pasture for a little target shooting, social distancing since 2012 LOL

IMG_20200320_140108.jpg DSCF0002.JPG DSCF0004.JPG

I went outside after being stuck in the compound for 8 days after surgery. I drove down to Nogales Az for supplies and even there everything was sold out. Very light traffic too......
Thank you Camp
[/QUOT

Thank you Campmeat. That was one of my initial thoughts to go to if it really did get bad at our stores in Phoenix. About 1.2 hrs to Tucson then 45 minutes to Nogie (Nogales AZ and Nogales Sonora). Did you consider crossing over? That's what I meant by Nogales. I know their city quite well in Sonora and know the stores that carry quality foods that I've eaten much of my life as we have 2 houses in Alamos (12 hour drive from my house though). I am Caucasian but spent summers and many other times all over Mexico growing up and my Aunt just got citezenship and retired in Alamos with my uncle. They spend about a couple months there and then back here for a month etc. Will call tomorrow to check the situation and have them bring me supplies if they are available and will post.

Thank you Campmeat. That was one of my initial thoughts to go to if it really did get bad at our stores in Phoenix. About 1.2 hrs to Tucson then 45 minutes to Nogie (Nogales AZ and Nogales Sonora). Did you consider crossing over? That's what I meant by Nogales. I know their city quite well in Sonora and know the stores that carry quality foods that I've eaten much of my life as we have 2 houses in Alamos (12 hour drive from my house though). I am Caucasian but spent summers and many other times all over Mexico growing up and my Aunt just got citezenship and retired in Alamos with my uncle. They spend about a couple months there and then back here for a month etc. Will call tomorrow to check the situation and have them bring me supplies if they are available and will post.

I haven't been in Mexico for 25 years. My Border Patrol friend said he wouldn't go into Mexico because of the Cartel shootings. The wait to get across into the USA can be really long is what I hear. Probably half truths like everything is. I love the food, but is very Americanised here.

I would agree with your friend if your getting out of a town and into the frontier. Frontier license plates are usually considered to be 20 miles from the border. If your going farther then you might be ok. If your just crossing for shopping not so much. Lines do not exist if your over 60 years old, you just walk to the front of the line and your next. I do it all of the time when I go to the dentist.

I would agree with your friend if your getting out of a town and into the frontier. Frontier license plates are usually considered to be 20 miles from the border. If your going farther then you might be ok. If your just crossing for shopping not so much. Lines do not exist if your over 60 years old, you just walk to the front of the line and your next. I do it all of the time when I go to the dentist.

That's good to know. I have osteoarthritis in my knees and can't stand for periods of time.

There is an all day parking lot for 8-10 bucks next to the fence. The walk from there to Mexico is less than 400 yards. Once your inside there are benches and places to rest. I usually hit one of them many restaurants and get something to drink and eat, then move on. I have never had any trouble other than the street peddlers offering women and drugs. Some of them can be persistent.

My cavity turned abscessed from waiting so long to be seen. Was that you? Lol. Crossing over the Nogales border afoot, ergo NEVER drive, is absolutely safe within the tourist shopping area, (appx 3 blocks with Calle Obregon (street) being the center Between beginning to the end of the street. It's teeming with an amount equal to the sidewalks of Manhattan with Americans during the weekends. I've never waited on foot longer than an hour to get back across and par is usually about 20-25 mins. The Cartel doesn't bother within that area less trucks that are toting all the drugs across. If they were there they want nothing to do with you. Go deeper (10 miles or more and you can get into a dangerous situation quick (1st hand experience), but it's locals with the idea of easy money from a Caucasian from the U.S. like me. I speak fairly fluent Espanol so with that and the fact that the family own 3 houses in Alamos, (right next to the Sinaloan Cartel ) I was left alone and got my root canal done. Remember this is way away from any American shoppers. Go to Tijuana and it's a whole different story. I've been behind a meat cart during a breakout of massive full auto fire between the police and the cartel there and dove into a building for several hours until I convinced a cabby to get me back to the CA border ....$150 ride leaving out the back door which is normally $10.
Funny how our government furnished outlaws there with thousands of assault rifles which they lost all track of and how illegal it is to possess ANY gun there. You forget a box of 22lr in your car and they check you (no gun) and the sentence for this school teacher with his family was 25 years. Didn't serve but a portion of it (dont recall how long but something like 3 years and a ton of money for attorney fees and paying off a bunch of officials.
Bottom line Nogales Sonora shopping just across the border is a huge income for them and I've never had a problem except haggling the lowest price for furniture there out of well over 150 visits

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Sandy, UT

New Resource Reviews

Back Top