JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
If you have been an AZ resident for 25 years you can go and get a Pioneer license from the fish and game.It is free for life and does not expire.If you don't have a fishing or hunting license and are caught on the posted property that states,you need written permission to enter,it is a 300 buck fine,one of our shooters sons,just got one.The license is good on lake mead and also for urban fishing also.It does not void the duck stamps or trout reg's.Go to the main fish and game office 5000 west Carefree highway for info?

I had a friend put up the fish and game sight and it said that you could do either one,I went with a person about 2-weeks ago to the fish and game main office he is
over 70,but he has not been here for about 3-years and he walked out of the office with a license.You can also buy licence's after a certain age group and pay a yearly,pro rated fee and get a life time AZ license,you can move out of state after that and come back,and your license is still good.The license does not cover,trout stamps migratory bird stamps,duck stamps etc and deer and elk draws,etc? There is an optional 4-buck charge for a laminated Pioneer card ,which I bought and got it with in 2-weeks,the office attendant ,lady said it might take take up to 5-weeks?I did not know about this offering,as have other folks,also FWIW,when you are going to be 65 years of age,the state of Az,will not send you a renewal notice on your AZ drivers license,I found that out and had to go to the MV dept,when mine had expired,for about 3-months and did not know this either?

Last Edited:
This is what Game and Fish posts about the Pioneer license ,

Brief Description – A Pioneer License grants all the privileges of a Class F combination hunting and fishing license and also authorizes the holder to fish in all community lakes. A person qualifies for a Pioneer License if they are 70 years of age or older and have been a resident of Arizona for 25 or more consecutive years immediately preceding the application for the license.

I did look at the pioneer license and yes,you are right,the person that I talked with on the phone read the ad wrong about the age requirement,he said or ,not and, for the requirement.Anyway,a lot of folks don't know about having a license when being on the land where the sign says you need written permission,to enter?

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Prescott Valley, AZ
Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top