JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
To us here in Washington this is what everyone has been prepping for. Damn I'm glad I have extra food, water and ammo.
It all depends on what Yahoo says everyone will be hording today. They say some are paying $80 for a bottle of hand cleaner. I say if some hoarder wants to pay $80 for a bottle of soap try to get $90 out of his stupid democRat pocket. He would just waste the money buying toilet paper. Any one who comes up with vitamin enriched toilet you can eat will be able to retire a rich man.

This is the test facility at a local hospital for anyone showing symptoms until the test results come back. 9 0r 10 confirmed cases in the area and they have AZ Rangers working the Hospital ER entrance to keep the STUPID out. Local stores are open for the most part with restaurants take out only. Nothing is really out of stock but there are large campers from out of the area OVERSTOCKING on everything. The guard maned a free testing facility in a parking lot yesterday for drive-throughs. ATV trails are open in the National Forests with higher than normal campers in many areas in the middle of nowhere.
Not very abnormal at all.

tents.jpg

Last month it was bike week in my town, of course the event had been cancelled but it's hard to stop hundred of bikers from doing what they want--since all the many bars in town had been closed down I noticed tons of bikers were all sitting in the parking lot at circle K, drinking it up & having a good time. The bar owners were unamused to say the least

I had TP before it hit. Not enough soup or things that were canned or fresh meat. I was going to the grocery stores a couple of times a week for meat. Everything seems to be getting back to normal except cleaning supplies.

I had TP before it hit. Not enough soup or things that were canned or fresh meat. I was going to the grocery stores a couple of times a week for meat. Everything seems to be getting back to normal except cleaning supplies.
I recommend stocking up now while you can, or at the very least over the next couple of months.

Next fall it will hit again - just in time for the election. Real or imagined - they will turn the "return" into a major crisis. While I believe it will be an attempt to keep Trump from being elected again, the media hype will cause the stampede. The panic buying will be fast and furious, and there will be nothing on the shelves again. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

State is mostly open now, was able to have a WONDERFUL sit down meal at Barrio Queen in Old Town Gilbert on Monday. I highly recommend the Azteca enchiladas.
Meat shortages are starting to show up - Safeway in Coolidge had a sign up on the meat counter when they opened. "1 per customer" of any pork or beef product. They also raised prices a wee bit - a twin pack of T-Bones was $27. LOTS of chicken, so I snagged some thighs and breasts and one package of pork chops. The freezer really is getting full and I have to be creative to store stuff now.
Toilet paper is still hit and miss at the big stores, but Dollar General always seems to have some when I slide through. Don't need any, I think I have a decent supply for a couple of months under normal circumstances.
I always snag one or three canned goods every time I hit the store, have done that for years. I doubt I will run out any time in the very near future.

Is the BBQ from heaven place still open in Gilbert? When working in the east valley long ago I used to love to take customers there. Did not really care if they liked it, I did. Fresh cold root beer as well.
I saw an piece on the local news on Friday night, show some restaurant in downtown Tucson complaining about the rules for opening. Then there in center frame some guys hairy paws rearranging someone's burger WITHOUT GLOVES. That is enough for me to drive 20 miles to visit their store. LOL

Is the BBQ from heaven place still open in Gilbert? When working in the east valley long ago I used to love to take customers there. Did not really care if they liked it, I did. Fresh cold root beer as well.
I saw an piece on the local news on Friday night, show some restaurant in downtown Tucson complaining about the rules for opening. Then there in center frame some guys hairy paws rearranging someone's burger WITHOUT GLOVES. That is enough for me to drive 20 miles to visit their store. LOL
This type of handling of food has been going on forever. Hopefully the 'pandemic' will force food handlers to use a little common sense when handling your food.

I recommend stocking up now while you can, or at the very least over the next couple of months.

Next fall it will hit again - just in time for the election. Real or imagined - they will turn the "return" into a major crisis. While I believe it will be an attempt to keep Trump from being elected again, the media hype will cause the stampede. The panic buying will be fast and furious, and there will be nothing on the shelves again. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Yes we can thank the Trump hating media for driving the general public into a hysteria to keep him from reelection. As all the new data has shown there was really no great concern, this is like any other flu season.

I recommend stocking-up now while you can, or at the very least over the next couple of months.
That's what I've done. I have enough tushywipe now for the next 2½ years. I have a 12-roll package of paper towels from Walmart, two 600-count packages of table napkins and two boxes of kleenex. My dad sent me five packages of wet babywipes last week (500 total). I think I'm pretty well set for at least the next year.

I had TP before it hit.
I didn't; I was down to just two biggish Walmart rolls. I bought what I could when and where I could. It's gotten now that I will buy a package just because it's right there in front of me. I fear it's become a compulsive thing; I buy whether I need it or not. Good thing it keeps well...

My wife works for Albertsons/Safeway. There was never any shortage of paper products. If there wasn't any panic buying and hoarding there was plenty for all, the supply chain was never broken. Same thing with foods, the panic buying of meats due to shut downs in processing plants is more media hype. There is over 50 million pounds of beef in cold storage waiting to be shipped, plenty to last through a temporary closing. Stories of livestock being destroyed on a mass scale is all BS. Ranchers are simply selling to smaller processors or continuing to feed and grow the stock. I was raised on a ranch here in AZ and never did we think of destroying livestock.

My wife works for Albertsons/Safeway. There was never any shortage of paper products. If there wasn't any panic buying and hoarding there was plenty for all, the supply chain was never broken. Same thing with foods, the panic buying of meats due to shut downs in processing plants is more media hype. There is over 50 million pounds of beef in cold storage waiting to be shipped, plenty to last through a temporary closing. Stories of livestock being destroyed on a mass scale is all BS. Ranchers are simply selling to smaller processors or continuing to feed and grow the stock. I was raised on a ranch here in AZ and never did we think of destroying livestock.

I live on a ranch in Colorado and I can assure you, at the present time, it is much cheaper to destroy the live stock than it is to feed them.

I live on a ranch in Colorado and I can assure you, at the present time, it is much cheaper to destroy the live stock than it is to feed them.
When we had to retain the stock longer than expected, we turned them back out to pasture. We also scrounged all the feed we could from fruit and vegetable processors who would let you have all their culls. One year all the meat had an orange tint to it from all the carrots we fed the cattle. The pre-packaged feed was held back as well as any alfalfa we had stored.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Sandy, UT

New Resource Reviews

Back Top