JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, actually, that's a club range a little west of Ben Avery that goes out to 1K. Only way you can shoot there is enter one of the club events.
Ben Avery range goes to 200 yds.

If you want to shoot 1K, I got a desert place by me to do that. Set up targets at 500, 750, and 1K, and you can drive to them instead of walking.

Well, actually, that's a club range a little west of Ben Avery that goes out to 1K. Only way you can shoot there is enter one of the club events.

If you want to shoot 1K, I got a desert place by me to do that. Set up targets at 500, 750, and 1K, and you can drive to them instead of walking.

Well shoot I like mother nature that sounds great. What part of phoenix?

Where I shoot is out by Gila Bend, but will be closed shortly because it's under BLM control..... if it's not already closed for fire restrictions. It will all be open again by Christmas.

Where I shoot is out by Gila Bend, but will be closed shortly because it's under BLM control..... if it's not already closed for fire restrictions. It will all be open again by Christmas.

Nice little fire on I17 yesterday evening. Had the highway closed. I'm guessing the fire restrictions will be here pretty soon.

Gil's Bend wouldn't be bad to shoot. It's inbetween Tucson and Phoenix, which makes it nice for everyone.

Great subject!

I am a carpenter by trade so I could easily help people out building things and repairing stuff that needs to be fixed. My fear is that most of us that are prepared already have some of those skills and will be able to do these things on there own. The people who will need the help won't be the kind of people that I will want to interact with in this type of situation.

I figure the big gang will be taking from the small gang, so I figure more than one skilled craftsman will be needed. From reading the families that survived in Croatia, a 'small military post' setup like was on the American Western frontier was most effective. There was need for folks that were good at bartering at night with strangers from other gangs. Snipers seemed to be the biggest threat, which is why the battering took place at night. A 24 hour operation was required, with a half dozen guards always on duty.

I'm a master electrician, former police officer, pilot, mechanic, welder, and as a third generation Arizonan l count the desert survival skills taught by my grandfather as an important skill. My only use if SHTF would be to teach the young since age has caught up to me.

I'm a master electrician, former police officer, pilot, mechanic, welder, and as a third generation Arizonan l count the desert survival skills taught by my grandfather as an important skill. My only use if SHTF would be to teach the young since age has caught up to me.

In a real SHTF situation I think teachers of the real world 'arts and crafts', like electrical systems, plumbing, carpentry, welding, ... will be critical for long term survival.

In a real SHTF situation I think teachers of the real world 'arts and crafts', like electrical systems, plumbing, carpentry, welding, ... will be critical for long term survival.

Yep and whats really messed up is if this SHTF situation waits another generation or another there won't be any of those guys left because the younger generation is lazy as he!!

It's no surprise that pro-2A rallys are pretty much attended by "old" people. They have most of the young people brainwashed into giving up their rights before they are old enough to understand what they gave away.

Almost ashamed to post it as most people think it is fake, BUT. Retired: US ARMY Special Forces Engineer and Officer, State Police Bomb Squad and SWAT Team Commander, Subject Matter Expert for Weapons of Mass Destruction, Intelligence Operations, Security, Thermal Imagery and Night Vision, Firearms Instructor, Chief Range Safety Officer, Home Made Explosives, EMT, Pilot-Fixed Wing Single engine, SCUBA Instructor, and grew up on a farm so can grow most things and fix the equipment.

Last Edited:
Some one has to tell all the dirty jokes, and write bawdy songs about us!
What say you DB, up for it? LOL
I can't carry a tune for crap, but the limericks about you sum b1tches will be epic:

There was this fighter pilot from long ago
In the sky he would be shouting tally ho
His machine was slow flying around
And he flew too close to the ground
'twas a shotgun that brought him down..........I'm told.

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top