JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I have been debating with my brothers lately what is the top 5 best skills/professions to have in a SHTF scenario, so I will ask you guys. What is your top five on the best Skills to have if teotwawki occurs?

There are various ways I could prove useful, have been a knifemaker (hobby with hand tools only) for 30 years, 50 years traditional archery experience, could teach it and also have many years arrow making experience. Many years in computers, and before someone says there will not be computers, says who, who knows what form this so called SHTF might and entail. My wife is an RN with many years of experience, including ER.

But, the older I get, the less I am anxious to live through a total societal collapse, so I am kinda hoping it does not happen any time soon. Even though I am pretty well set up, I see my self less and less like the Road Warrior and more like the doctor from War Games who purposefully buys a home near a first strike target.
Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is.

The expressed societal collapse 'scenario(s)' are varied & extremely diverse coupled on the same varied & diverse causation of each situational scenario discussed. Therefore, just stating SHTF is extremely vague to postulate what skill(s) would facilitate survival!

For example, what skill sets would be needed after failure of the EBT system which support huge segments of this Nation's population, which leads to a complete national economic collapse?

Or a 'temporary' environmental devastation issue like Katrina and New Orleans ?

So to adequately define skill sets needed would necessitate a specific set of doomsday/SHTF parameters.

well for one you need to prepare to kill anyone who threatens me and mine for what ever reason.you cant prepare enough for any given reason you have to want to survive and do whatever it takes.

So I have been debating with my brothers lately what is the top 5 best skills/professions to have in a SHTF scenario, so I will ask you guys. What is your top five on the best Skills to have if teotwawki occurs?

I know back before Y2K when i bought my mini-14 I figured that would save me the trouble of prepping. I'm gonna say if you have a gun & can use it well that should be about all the skill you might need. Of course finding others with the desired skills you can force to do your bidding might just become a skill in itself :rolleyes:

Common sense, a lot of ammo and the weapon that chambers said ammo. Weapon must function at a 100% probability rate. The ability to kill whomever you may meet if he threatens your existence. When the obama hits the fan, skills like those listed in the first post will rapidly fall away. I think you'll need the ability to kill another man first because if you have something he wants (food, water, shelter, weaponry), he's going to want to relieve you of it. He'll do that by killing you. Your only option is to kill him before he becomes dangerous. Gonna be a lot of killing once our society goes down the swirler...

Weapons training, basic survival skills and the ability to disappear like Robert!

aa robert fisher.JPG

New Resource Reviews

Back Top