JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When I was an FFL, at least 10% of my 4473's were denied--Nobody from the atf/fbi was ever concerned enough to even bother to interview these people who should be well-informed that they are not allowed to buy or own a gun

An AZ CCW makes such a difference; having one exempts you from the phone call to NICS & that takes all the hassle right out of it.
An ex-friend suggested we get permits; that was back in 2008 or so. I just never wanted to do so because I just do not think I need one. Of course, crime never takes a holiday nor ever imposes boundaries upon where to eventuate. I am usually never to be found where drugs are sold or unsavory folk abound. The same could be said for kids at their schools but then, we still have the occasional school shooting. I suppose I still could get a CCW, but never carry. To have one would certainly make the transfer easier and reduce the cost by $25, even though I'd still get stiffed for my local pawnbroker's $40 transfer fee.

Yes, I receive my guns at a pawnbroker's. He's just a mile up the street, likes guns himself and he knows my number, so I get a call as soon as the thing arrives at his shop. It's nice and convenient for me...

Last Edited:
An ex-friend suggested we get permits; that was back in 2008 or so. I just never wanted to do so because I just do not think I need one. Of course, crime never takes a holiday nor ever imposes boundaries upon where to eventuate. I am usually never to be found where drugs are sold or unsavory folk abound. The same could be said for kids at their schools but then, we still have the occasional school shooting. I suppose I still could get a CCW, but never carry. To have one would certainly make the transfer easier and reduce the cost by $25, even though I'd still get stiffed for my local pawnbroker's $40 transfer fee.

Yes, I receive my guns at a pawnbroker's. He's just a mile up the street, likes guns himself and he knows my number, so I get a call as soon as the thing arrives at his shop. It's nice and convenient for me...

I understand your sentiment of not being in need of a ccw permit, as I have had other Constitutionalist minded friends in the past. In fact one of those friends didn't believe he needed a driver's license or the need to pay sales tax to the state. Unfortunately for him, after the state Dept. of Revenue took his business away, he was made to see the error of his beliefs-- I hope you do better

When I was an FFL, at least 10% of my 4473's were denied--Nobody from the atf/fbi was ever concerned enough to even bother to interview these people who should be well-informed that they are not allowed to buy or own a gun
It seems that they don't care. We put all these laws in place and then don't act on them. When they are broken it opens the door for more laws, more inaction...lather, rinse, repeat. Meanwhile people who break the law walk away possibly to commit some heinous act the laws were designed to protect us from. Makes a good case to get that CCW and protect yourself, no one else is.

Makes a good case to get that CCW and protect yourself; no one else is.
I suppose I could get a permit. I think it only takes eight hours over two Saturdays or something like that. The cost shouldn't be over a hundred bucks. That means I'll have to buy four guns under Form 4473 rules over the five years a Nevada permit is valid. Maybe I can get the permit without owning a handgun, then use it to go buy the handgun and beat NICS out of the first twenty-five bucks. I'd have to borrow a gun to do Nevada's required shooting skills portion, which I have seen is just to fire a bunch of rounds into a target about fifteen feet away.

better to be safe, even if it costs a few bucks. the gumment already has everything it needs to know about me, I don't care about them intruding, they already have. Besides, they really don't know EVERYTHING, ANYWAY. tee hee, giggle giggle.

Unfortunately, this situation is, from my humble experience is nothing but a tedious balancing act as well as economic way of life.

For example, certain factions want statutory mandates put on the books but fail to provide $$$$ for resources [read manpower] to enforce those mandates.

Yet another example, the FBI's denial review - the organization stopped expending resources back O/A 2015. The Agency has at least one federal lawsuit pending against it because of their lack of activity in this mandated arena.

Finally, one of the egregious examples is but to look at the turn of events resulting from the individual States across this Nation cashing in on regulating marijuana's as a profit center debacle - legal in the state while illegal federally. Feds said ok we will turn a blind eye, but with economic caveats - largest one is those involved in the marijuana business cannot put proceeds into a Federally insured banking institution(s)!

There are secure warehouses full of cash in Colorado and other states, except Oregon who have not regulated the growing of the product so they have massive surpluses and their regulated profit center isn't making money but actually losing it.

In arizona if you have your guard card you just have to go pay 60$ and wait for the ccw in the mail. The guard class is the same as the ccw class so it counts as you already took the class

New Resource Reviews

Back Top