JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
There was an NRA/ILA meeting in Phoenix yesterday. The meeting was not well attended. Like many others, folks assume the other guy is going to do the heavy lifting, they don't participate, and won't even join AZCDL because it will never happen here. Representative Nguyen, chairman of the Arizona judiciary committee said we have a 1 seat majority in the house and in the senate, 31 out of 60 seats, and 15 out of 30 seats. It is crucial we maintain that majority.

On day one of this legislative session the Dems introduced 24 anti-gun bills. Our current slim majority stopped those bills from reaching Hobbs' desk for signature. Hobbs has vetoed every pro-firearm bill, we don't have enough votes to override her veto. Hobbs has also committed to vetoing any future firearms-friendly bills that come to her desk. That commitment has the lefty liberals funding her coffers for a reelection bid.

Today, a lawsuit is being filed against Pima county to overturn a law that they've already passed. That law requires you give notice within 24-hours of any firearm that is lost or stolen. It carries a $1,000 fine for failure.

If you want to live in Calizona, sit on your hands.

I learned I made a mistake on the Pima county law. I was given an example by an AZ legislator and he corrected me. The law is 48 hours, a difference without a distinction. His example was, you go on vacation, your house is robbed, if your gun is used in a crime, you're on the hook for $1,000.

The part that is funny. I posted this on 3 firearms forums, many views and only 2 comments:

1 - guy lives in Tucson, in Pima county and never heard of the law. Well, nobody publicized it except the folks standing up against it.
2 - a guy who just had to throw a bubblegum-fest about the NRA and basically wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire. He just had to make an excuse for sitting with his thumb firmly planted up his rectum.

And this why we will get screwed, just like California, Colorado, and New Mexico. --- Coming to a town near you soon.

New Resource Reviews

Back Top