JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am just trying to get a few parts that have been out of stock.
My Zermatt Arms TL-3 needs a Magpul Pro 700 chassis. The dam-ned things have been out-of-stock since I received the action in June 2020. It's doubtful I'll ever finish the rifle because just about every chassis I see is righthanded only. My action is left-bolt and right-ejection so I can see the ejection port when I'm slowly operating the bolt with its mechanical ejector. A mechanical ejector throws the spent case as far or as close as you want by virtue of how rapidly you retract the bolt. Do it slowly enough, and the case will never leave the shell follower.

It finally happened, I won. Of the many firearms contests, one of them finally came through.

I attended the Webinar where Colion Noir toured the Ruger manufacturing facility here in AZ. They gave away the firearms Colion shot. The link is to the video, skip to 49 minutes in and Colion with Ruger project manager are at Gunsight in Paulden, AZ shooting the Ruger I won along with the other guns they gave away.

Gunsight shooting

The Ruger came with a case and hat signed by Colion, Yehaaaaaaaw

20230613_161136.jpg 20230613_153737.jpg

I like Colion Noir (aka Collins Iyare Idehen, Jr). He's a very sharp lawyer when it comes to Second Amendment topics. I like how his delivery of what he's telling us is like an avalanche that increases its speed and mass with every passing second. He is undeniably committed to Americans' Individual Liberty to own and to use firearms for all purposes moral and just. He will not cower nor shrink from those who abhor this Right as bestowed upon us by God. He can take any gun-grabber's argument and smash the sorry batsard across the face with it. I enjoy watching him do that. I'd vote for him if he ever ran for President...

Went into Scheels in Sparks today to escape the 100-degree heat and to buy something I saw several weeks ago. It came to pass that I did not buy that item because in my opinion, the description of it on the packaging indicated that it maybe wasn't meant to be shot with .223 Remington ammo. Instead, I bought a Duramax self-healing target (Product Number 897597) that can be shot with everything from .22LR to .50BMG. This thing is a cube with angled faces that allow a good hit to make it roll, jump, bounce or flip in an infinite number of trajectories. Cheap fun at just twenty bucks. Great for teaching target acquisition to new shooters. https://www.caldwellshooting.com/ta...gets/duramax-self-healing-targets/897597.html

40-round Magpul AR-15 magazine. Causes immediate loss of bowel control of liberals in public places the instant said liberal's eyes fall upon the aforementioned magazine. Fabulously entertaining!

A groovy set of punches that are specifically designed to get started and to drive home the roll pin that secures the bolt catch on EBRs. By Real Avid; just $15. Anyone who's ever assembled an AR knows how difficult it is to get that roll pin started and to drive it home without marring all to helsinki the side of the lower receiver. These punches are flat on one side to allow them to get directly in-line with the hole for the pin. I may never assemble another AR rifle but if I have to work on one for a bud, I'll have yet another tool in my toolbox to do a good job and leave no scratches behind. https://www.realavid.com/product/bolt-catch-punch-set/

As an aside, Scheels had tons and tons of 9mm Luger ammo, .223Rem and 7.62 x 39 ammo. I saw all this and asked myself, "So where is this handgun ammo shortage about which I've heard so much? I ain't seein' it!"

Last Edited:
Went into Scheels in Sparks today to escape the 100-degree heat and to buy something I saw several weeks ago. It came to pass that I did not buy that item because in my opinion, the description of it on the packaging indicated that it maybe wasn't meant to be shot with .223 Remington ammo. Instead, I bought a Duramax self-healing target (Product Number 897597) that can be shot with everything from .22LR to .50BMG. This thing is a cube with angled faces that allow a good hit to make it roll, jump, bounce or flip in an infinite number of trajectories. Cheap fun at just twenty bucks. Great for teaching target acquisition to new shooters. https://www.caldwellshooting.com/ta...gets/duramax-self-healing-targets/897597.html

40-round Magpul AR-15 magazine. Causes immediate loss of bowel control of liberals in public places the instant said liberal's eyes fall upon the aforementioned magazine. Fabulously entertaining!

A groovy set of punches that are specifically designed to get started and to drive home the roll pin that secures the bolt catch on EBRs. By Real Avid; just $15. Anyone who's ever assembled an AR knows how difficult it is to get that roll pin started and to drive it home without marring all to helsinki the side of the lower receiver. These punches are flat on one side to allow them to get directly in-line with the hole for the pin. I may never assemble another AR rifle but if I have to work on one for a bud, I'll have yet another tool in my toolbox to do a good job and leave no scratches behind. https://www.realavid.com/product/bolt-catch-punch-set/

As an aside, Scheels had tons and tons of 9mm Luger ammo, .223Rem and 7.62 x 39 ammo. I saw all this and asked myself, "So where is this handgun ammo shortage about which I've heard so much? I ain't seein' it!"
Is scheels worth it? Visiting a friend in Idaho they are building one and wanted to check it out

Is Scheels worth it? Visiting a friend in Idaho they are building one and wanted to check it out.
The one in Sparks is closer to my hovel than is any other sports store in the Reno-Sparks area. I've been going there since it opened in September 2008; have had their Mastercard credit card since 2011. I used to get points for using the card, such points being redeemable to purchase things (usually powder, bullets and primers for me) at any Scheels store. The Sparks store is the biggest one they operate. The second floor has tons o' guns that customers may put to their shoulders; they're not chained down nor locked-up. Only the ARs and handguns are in locked cages. Once the one in Idaho is open, I'd definitely go in and scope it out if I was in the vicinity...

The one in Sparks is closer to my hovel than is any other sports store in the Reno-Sparks area. I've been going there since it opened in September 2008; have had their Mastercard credit card since 2011. I used to get points for using the card, such points being redeemable to purchase things (usually powder, bullets and primers for me) at any Scheels store. The Sparks store is the biggest one they operate. The second floor has tons o' guns that customers may put to their shoulders; they're not chained down nor locked-up. Only the ARs and handguns are in locked cages. Once the one in Idaho is open, I'd definitely go in and scope it out if I was in the vicinity...
I'm pretty excited it's something I've always wanted to check out thanks for the insider tips!

Finally got all of the parts to complete this.
Looks like a "weapon of war" for the 24th Century. Nice "silencer," too. Looks similar to the Kyle Rittenhouse model. I like the A2 "birdcage" silencer. So effective, the rifle can be fired in a small room in which a toddler is sleeping-- and the little guy will not be awakened.

Looks like a "weapon of war" for the 24th Century. Nice "silencer," too. Looks similar to the Kyle Rittenhouse model. I like the A2 "birdcage" silencer. So effective, the rifle can be fired in a small room in which a toddler is sleeping-- and the little guy will not be awakened.
Do we want to fire in a small room with a toddler? Asking for a friend

Do we want to fire in a small room with a toddler? Asking for a friend
I'm shocked! Shocked, I say, to believe that you (possibly) failed to see the sarcasm in what I wrote. If we know one thing about liberals with regard to discussing firearms, it's that the fruitcake lefties always invoke exaggerated hyperbole in order to spread fear and confusion among Americans who know little to zero about firearms. Kyle's rifle used a "500-bullet clip." Kyle's rifle was a "fully semi-matic, military-grade, combat-ready assault weapon." Kyle's rifle had a "silencer." See attached image of the evil A2 "birdcage" silencer. In just looking at that hideously evil thing it's beyond obvious to Shannon Watts, David Hogg and the (dis)Honorable Mayor Michael Bloomberg that the report of a 5.56mm NATO round fired from an AM-14 rifle in a small room (same room in which the toddler is sleeping) would be so slight that said kid would not be awakened. I suppose there's no danger to the kid if the rounds were fired into the ceiling of the room. Just be wearing ear protection because after 500 rounds fired, he who is firing may have a slight ringing in the ears.

We won't go any further by discussing the effects the "protruding pistol grip" has on a man who has an AR-14 rifle up and in position on his shoulder. According to the aged hag Dianne "Dingbat" Feinswine, the "protruding pistol grip" has the ability to take control of a man's mind and force him to commit heinous crimes with his Evil Black Rifle. Feinswine knows so much about guns, there's no need to make any attempt to set the old bravo-itch straight. Just believe, because as an elected official, she (and I use the term loosely) knows far, far more than do you about firearms. You may have been using firearms for fifty years. Meaningless! A "study" by Handgun Control trumps your decades of experience.

A2 birdcage silencer.JPG

I'm shocked! Shocked, I say, to believe that you (possibly) failed to see the sarcasm in what I wrote. If we know one thing about liberals with regard to discussing firearms, it's that the fruitcake lefties always invoke exaggerated hyperbole in order to spread fear and confusion among Americans who know little to zero about firearms. Kyle's rifle used a "500-bullet clip." Kyle's rifle was a "fully semi-matic, military-grade, combat-ready assault weapon." Kyle's rifle had a "silencer." See attached image of the evil A2 "birdcage" silencer. In just looking at that hideously evil thing it's beyond obvious to Shannon Watts, David Hogg and the (dis)Honorable Mayor Michael Bloomberg that the report of a 5.56mm NATO round fired from an AM-14 rifle in a small room (same room in which the toddler is sleeping) would be so slight that said kid would not be awakened. I suppose there's no danger to the kid if the rounds were fired into the ceiling of the room. Just be wearing ear protection because after 500 rounds fired, he who is firing may have a slight ringing in the ears.

We won't go any further by discussing the effects the "protruding pistol grip" has on a man who has an AR-14 rifle up and in position on his shoulder. According to the aged hag Dianne "Dingbat" Feinswine, the "protruding pistol grip" has the ability to take control of a man's mind and force him to commit heinous crimes with his Evil Black Rifle. Feinswine knows so much about guns, there's no need to make any attempt to set the old bravo-itch straight. Just believe, because as an elected official, she (and I use the term loosely) knows far, far more than do you about firearms. You may have been using firearms for fifty years. Meaningless! A "study" by Handgun Control trumps your decades of experience.

View attachment 21718
Hehe

My Zermatt Arms TL-3 needs a Magpul Pro 700 chassis. The dam-ned things have been out-of-stock since I received the action in June 2020. It's doubtful I'll ever finish the rifle because just about every chassis I see is righthanded only. My action is left-bolt and right-ejection so I can see the ejection port when I'm slowly operating the bolt with its mechanical ejector.
Ordered a MagPul M700 fixed-stock in FDE at about 1900 PDT, this date. Wanted one that showed on Midway USA's website at $854, but was unable to have the checkout and payment proceed. Went back to the Midway homepage and found another (the FDE one) for $500-some. Ordered that one and it went right through. The MagPul stocks are ambidextrous; just remove the small plates/spacers for the opposite hand and replace them to the other side. My action is left-bolt and right-ejection, so I must have an ambidextrous stock. These stocks have been unavailable for several years. I saw that Midway USA had a bunch in stock, checked my balance at Morgan Stanley and went for it! It is slated to arrive by FedEx Ground in about ten days. Now I need to buy a trigger, a safety if it doesn't come with the trigger, an AICS magazine system, and a barrel for my TL-3 action. Then comes the $3600 Nightforce scope...

It was $570, plus $15 in shipping and $36-some in tax. I got $57 off for grabbing some promotional code, bringing the total to just a few bucks plus-or-minus from the retail price. I didn't get exactly what I wanted, but I got something after looking for several years. I'll be a believer when the thing is actually in my hands, and I can actually see it with my own eyebones...

MagPul M700 FDE fixed stock.JPG

Last Edited:
Just bought this off of amazon: Ambidextrous chassis for short-action M700, manufactured by US military veterans. $300 and about $21 in County tax. Now I have two! Will check each one for fit and to see if this $300 one is truly ambidextrous. The images on amazon don't have it looking like there's a cut for the bolt handle on the opposite side. I have thirty days to return it, so there's a window there for inspection...

S2 Delta RS-C chassis

Just bought this off of amazon: Ambidextrous chassis for short-action M700, manufactured by US military veterans. Will check each one for fit and to see if this $300 one is truly ambidextrous. The images on amazon don't have it looking like there's a cut for the bolt handle on the opposite side.

S2 Delta RS-C chassis

Looked around S2 Delta's website and found the below image. The stock IS truly ambidextrous! I have no idea how I found S2 Delta's site, but am certainly happy I did. Doesn't look like an A2 fixed stock will work on it, but I'm just so ecstatic to have found this chassis after looking for the $950 Pro 700 model from MagPul for three fruitless years.

You see the threaded hole on the other side? This one is set-up right now for a lefthand action. Other images on the S2 site show another plug with an opposite top angle for righty actions. Fits AICS bottom metal and clips magazines. Drop-in installation with wide barrel channel for fat barrels. Requires an FAT torque wrench to get the proper torque on the action screws. The thumb rest can also be attached to the other side. Fits a standard AR-type grip, so any grip that fits an AR will fit this chassis.

I looked at the MDT chassis, which looks a lot like this one. Unfortunately, the MDT is for righty M700s only. Yeah, like MDT could not have spent another thirty minutes to design-in a lefthand-bolt option...

All this for just three hundred bucks! Wow! I'm blown-away, dooood...

S2 RS-C truly ambidextrous.JPG

Last Edited:

New Resource Reviews

Back Top