JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What exactly is a forced-reset trigger? I've never heard of such a thing...
Copied from Rare Breed Triggers website:
  • The FRT-15 is a two-position trigger. It has two positions, 'safe' or 'semi-auto'. Due to its patented design, the trigger is forced into a reset after each round that is fired.
Basically a more controllable version of a binary trigger pack

I'll never be getting one of those. I don't have the time to reload all the ammo I'd burn-up if I did have one.

I viewed the video referenced in Post #3. The designers were careful to have one round fired for every pull of the trigger. I'm not overly intelligent, but it seems to me the ATF has a problem with how many rounds are fired per minute versus that a single round is fired with every trigger pull. It's the cyclic rate that worries them. I'm no lawyer, but I believe a thorough dissection in Court as to how the mechanism works will exonerate the defendant as the law is so written today. We shall see what obtains in the months ahead...

Last Edited:
To put it another way, they managed to monatize trigger slap.

I've fired guns with the FRT, it's neat, it reminds me a bit more of a progressive trigger like on an AUG, if you don't pull insanely hard it's pretty easy to run singles and doubles. I know everyone just shows mag dumps on youtube, also if you play around with the buffer, you can get a really slow 500-700RPM minute gun.

What's this copy in red about civility and Community Standards? Is that directed specifically at me and what I write? Or does every member see that in the area where he intends to post?
I suspect you are correct in your assumption as the FRT meets the ATF's definition of semi auto.
T'would be madness to design and manufacture a trigger that could never be legal to own nor use. I suspect the costs to design that trigger and make the first one was somewhere between $500,000 to one million dollars. I'll say it again: Seems ATF is worried about the cyclic rate versus whether or not the trigger looses more than one round per squeeze. If they're that worried about it, why not write a regulation that no user of any semi-automatic firearm can fire more than three rounds per minute-- about the same rate as a black powder musket used in the US Revolutionary War...

I just hope and pray these guys have the Cajones, Money, and support to get this to SCOTUS. FRTs meet the legal description of a semi-auto, and SCOTUS just recently ruled that the EPA cannot rewrite law based on their "rule" changes.

That could make a lot of new ATF "rules" go down the toilet.

One can only hope that lawful Americans will oppose unjust applications of the "law". But then again, they (government) are betting on the fact that they wield a limitless monetary supply.

When I had my Class 3, me and my buddies (2) would go out North of Phoenix, north of 7 Springs, which was empty desert at the time. We would go through several pails of .223 in an afternoon. Even with old sheets on the ground we lost about half the brass. I never did any reloading back then. Price of ammo to day I could not afford to do that.
I sold my Class 3 back to the dealer that sold it to me for a handsome profit. One of those rare occasions where both parties were very happy.
Have no need for a street sweeper any more. I prefer the concept of rounds on target

When I had my Class 3, me and my buddies (2) would go out North of Phoenix, north of 7 Springs, which was empty desert at the time. We would go through several pails of .223 in an afternoon. Even with old sheets on the ground we lost about half the brass. I never did any reloading back then. Price of ammo to day I could not afford to do that.
I sold my Class 3 back to the dealer that sold it to me for a handsome profit. One of those rare occasions where both parties were very happy.
Have no need for a street sweeper any more. I prefer the concept of rounds on target
As a former M60 machineguner, I still prefer the concept of many rounds on many targets!

;):D

. . . many rounds on many targets!
Makes me think back to the final battle scene in "We Were Soldiers" with Mel Gibson as Major Hal Moore. I saw the scene on youtube. The American soldiers were advancing on the NVA position. The NVA were just a bat of an eye short of opening-up on the GIs when two Hueys rose over the jungle canopy and lit-up the hapless NVA with two miniguns on each chopper. The scene is filmed in slow-motion and it's really a treat to see the enemies of Freedom blasted all to shih-Tzu. One is hit in the brain bucket with a bullet and his head explodes. Tasty! The carnage is delicious, considering what the Cong did with captured GIs and ARVNs. The sound track adds to the satisfaction...

Last Edited:
. . . classified bump stocks as machineguns too . . .
The bumpstock fired one round at a time, too. ATF is more worried about rounds per minute versus whether or not the firearm is a machinegun as well know what is one and what isn't. A Thompson M1928-A1 is a machinegun. The rifles issued to US soldiers going to Vietnam in the 1960s were machineguns. A piece of plastic that has no ability to chamber and to fire a round is not a machine gun. Neither is a solid block of aluminum with various machining operations performed upon it such that it bears a striking resemblance to the lower receiver of an AR-15 or an M4 carbine.

This current joke-ministration does not want an armed populace. Neither did Mao nor Stalin. The difference is we have the United States Constitution-- the greatest document defining and establishing Individual Liberty ever written-- and a system of Checks and Balances within that Constitution to keep any one man from ever amassing so much power that he becomes a tyrant. All these liberal idiots who are forever screaming that "Trump's a dictator!" have no idea as to how our Constitution protects the People from dictatorial government. They're just too busy eating-up the bullschumer lies put forth by the Criminal Left Media to do a little research about the hows and whys of our government.

Yeah well, they twisted and tortured their "definition" and classified bump stocks as machineguns too, so…… forks and spoons are probably next.
I remember when all the crackheads cried

Hard to make a crack pipe with no scrubber

Rambo was a wuss…. Animal-Mother is the Patron Saint of all M60 machinegunners!

:s0026: BOW YOUR HEADS to St. Animal-Mother!

IMG_0851.jpeg

I suspect you are correct in your assumption as the FRT meets the ATF's definition of semi auto.
At You tube they have the director of BATF, one of our over 2,500 government agencies answering Congress. The guy is three suits short a full deck. A trate I find with every member of this administration. They will never have to worry of becoming ignorant or answering a question. Has anyone had a Federal agency get involved in anything in their life and not create a larger problem. The only thing our government does for us is once a month we drive to work and back without traffic with their swelled ranks having the day off, staying home shinnin up those Glocks we bought them.

New Resource Reviews

Back Top