Welcome to Southwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Advice hunting Elk in Utah

Reactions
This may be a long shot here, but I don't want to leave out the members here for input. I also have this posted on one of the hunt in boards I frequent.

I Haven’t been drawn in Arizona for Elk in a while, neither has Dad. Something had to be done. So Dad and I started looking out of state. We settled on Utah as the most promising and the least expensive for us. I was able to get licenses and tags for me and my Dad when they went on sale 7-16-19. We both now have tags for any Bull in the General Season rifle (ALW) Oct 5-17.

We were thinking of going around Panguitch, Utah. But we decided when we got back home from scouting the area, we might as well put in for Bull, so now we have different areas to look at.
We’ve only scouted once so far, as I said earlier, around Panguitch, but that’s a spike area... is there any areas anyone on here would recommend for Bull?
Ill see if I can post up a map of the areas we are allowed to hunt.

Thanks in advance!

I hope someone can help you but if you get help in another form let us know so we all have the knowledge.

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• New Frontier Armory
    5.00 star(s)
    Great store and inventory, they have a lot of items. The staff is always friendly and helpful. This place gets really busy and you have to take a...
    • djthumper
  • Las Vegas Shooting Center
    5.00 star(s)
    Lots of room to get around in the store. The range looked nicely lit. Friendly staff.
    • djthumper
  • Clark County Shooting Complex
    5.00 star(s)
    I like the range, the staff is friendly and helpful. I wish they were open on Mondays, especially those holiday Mondays. I have been to our other...
    • djthumper
  • Bruno Shooter Supply
    5.00 star(s)
    I drove up there from Chandler to get what I needed. Simple layout, products on shelves, no BS marketing fluff or decorations or signage. No...
    • MadDuner
  • Murphy's Guns and Gunsmithing
    2.00 star(s)
    I've purchased a total of 6 or 7 firearms from Murphy's, I think. In general, it's a normal gun shop. Some folks are nice, some ignore you, some...
    • mikemenzie