Welcome to Southwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

.308 Remington 700 XPS max distance?

Reactions
So I dusted off my Remington 700 XPS with a 26 inch heavy fluted barrel, hair pin trigger, hogue stock and a vortex viper scope. I do believe I’ve mentioned this rifle before. Well I still have yet to replace the bolt. But I’m ordering a new one here soon. Does anybody have any suggestions? Also I want to go for 1300 yards with this rifle. Now I’ve been really good with it at 1000, that’s easy but I wonder if I use the most accurate round I’ve made. If it will reach?

11Charlie

Reactions
Love it!!! I will be following this as I am interested in shooting more long distance. As for reaching 1300 I don't see why not.

Reactions
seen it done many times with todays scopes and the right dope.its all about the leathality at the end run will it kill maybe maybe not.the creedmore and the grendels kick your butt.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Reno Convention Center
4590 S Virginia St, Reno, NV 89502, USA
The Pavilions
475 S Grand Central Pkwy, Las Vegas, NV 89106, USA
Findlay Toyota Center
3201 Main St, Prescott Valley, AZ 86314, USA

LATEST REVIEWS

• Murphy's Guns and Gunsmithing
    5.00 star(s)
    When I go in I usually will watch and listen to employees before I choose which one to talk to...
    • Gunsandgars
  • Murphy's Guns and Gunsmithing
    4.00 star(s)
    I have purchased new and used from them. I was lucky a while back and they had a Armalite AR10A...
    • Belevolk
  • Bruno Shooter Supply
    5.00 star(s)
    Not really a gun store per se, although they do have a couple rifles there for sale, but Bruno...
    • wildcat455
  • Ammo AZ
    5.00 star(s)
    Great place,awesome staff and customer service. Have personally done business with them numerous...
    • Tecj68
  • AJI Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    I have purchased a couple of firearms from AJI. They have a good balance of tactical and other...
    • 1971Chevelle