JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So i have my remington 700 xps 26" heav straight fluted barrel it has the hogue stock, an aftermarket trigger and a vortex viper scope on it. i haven't fired in over a year, i had a hot load blow the shell extractor off the bolt. So now my question is what can i do with the rifle? Obviously replaced the bolt is one option, but i was thinking of possible doing something to like having chambered in a another caliber. I don't have a whole lot of money so im limited to my options. But does anyone have good ideas cause .308, being an amazing round that it is. It just tickle my fancy when it comes to shooting any more.

I would replace the Bolt and go from there! As far as a re barrel, goes, as long as the caliber is the same length as .308, then it shouldn't be a problem! you can also do a Remage barrel conversion which uses a Savage type barrel and barrel nut which makes barrel swaps easier! It's a popular option for the 700 series!

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top