JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm dumbstruck here, what exactly is this and why? WTF Over!!!

I can see running a bolt during SHTF, especially something old looking with a wood stock and warn bluing, makes perfect sense. People don't see old looking bolts as threatening like they do those scary evil black fully semi autos! Pretty much the same as an old lever action, some how, they don't look all that mean ( Never mind the fact they are usually a heck of a lot more powerful) i just don't get it!

I'm having my favorite 'Smith work over one of my 1903 Springers into a sort of Scout/Stalking rifle, 23 inch barrel, nice plane Jane wood stock, good battle rifle sights, and a 10 round mag well! It will still be able to fix a bayonet ( like it's stable mate 1897 Winny 12 gau, and it's 1895 Winny Lever brother) and nobody would think much, other then "Nice Old Hunting Iron"
This screams out for PICS!!:s0034:Want to see that Springer!

This screams out for PICS!!:s0034:Want to see that Springer!
Identical to this with the barrel shortend to 22 inches before the brake, and the bigger Big Bubba brake was turned down at the muzzle to fit an original bayonet, having the rear lug milled and welded to the brake!
M03-A3-Remington-Springfield-3006-1.jpg
Only other differences are: Mine has a different bolt handle with large knob, and no bipod, and a barrel band sling mount!
No plan to add an optic ever, no need! I'm also going to build an exact twin with the barrel shortened 2 more inches and chambered to .338 Win Mag!

Run it suppressed.
The one problem I can see with NFA items is that you're more or less married to them. Once you own one, they're difficult to sell unless it's something like a dam-ned nice Thompson or a well-kept M-16. You never get back the $200 put forward for the tax stamp. You have to notify the ATF of your intentions to transport the item across State lines before you do so. I'm not certain, but you may have to notify every sheriff along your route that you'll be transporting an NFA item through his jurisdiction.

The one problem I can see with NFA items is that you're more or less married to them. Once you own one, they're difficult to sell unless it's something like a dam-ned nice Thompson or a well-kept M-16. You never get back the $200 put forward for the tax stamp. You have to notify the ATF of your intentions to transport the item across State lines before you do so. I'm not certain, but you may have to notify every sheriff along your route that you'll be transporting an NFA item through his jurisdiction.

Im looking into all that now since I will be doing that when I move to AZ

I would have loved to have been in the board room when this idea was pitched to upper management.
It appears there was no dissent from the bigwigs because they gave it their thumbs-up. Getting the approval was most likely less contentious than we'd like to believe. In any event, we have another firearm that people will buy-- the cosmetics of which will cause the Tyrannical Left to mess their BVDs. That's always a good thing...

There are a lot of us who hunt with handguns, especially back east. There is a turkey shoot in Tennessee where you shoot at live turkey heads at 500+ yards with a handgun. The bodies of the turkeys are down behind a log, so only head shots count. I've taken several whitetails and Sitka blacktails with handguns. Bolt action pistols such as these is just as accurate as a rifle, but the ballistics are a little slower. You just have to be a better shot to use them. ;-)

Help me out guys!!! I'm not seeing the point in this thing. They make it in several calibers but still not seeing the point.

View attachment 7797

It's a Q mini-fix in a caliber that makes way less sense than .300BLK. Probably also costs half as much.

In .300BLK it would probably make a pretty potent rifle for Hog and Deer. Problem is it doesn't buy you anything over an AR pistol, which can be had in a 10.5" or shorter barrel, is semi-automatic, and will take all the same suppressor accessories and probably do a better job.

The only place something like this would fit and make sense is in jurisdictions where semi-autos are under AWBs or something. Problem is, most of those jurisdictions this would be considered an AWB.

If I were 16 years old, living in Mommy's basement and playing video games 24/7, then all of the above junk would likely have great appeal to me. But to actual adults ... not so much.

There are a lot of us who hunt with handguns, especially back east. There is a turkey shoot in Tennessee where you shoot at live turkey heads at 500+ yards with a handgun. The bodies of the turkeys are down behind a log, so only head shots count. I've taken several whitetails and Sitka blacktails with handguns. Bolt action pistols such as these is just as accurate as a rifle, but the ballistics are a little slower. You just have to be a better shot to use them. ;-)
500 yards? I can't even friggin' SEE that far, much less walk it.

sounds like a personal problem some of us practice at this yardage and more 1200 yards is our goal 24x 24 steel plates.and a 10 inch ar pistol can do 500 yards no problem.

I hunt with a S&W 460. Lets just say the recoil and muzzle blast are significant. It will make your ears bleed if you're not wearing muffs or plugs. It also works well on Coues whitetail. Some may think it is overkill but there's no such thing as too much gun.

Coues 1.jpg

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top