JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You know, I was a total novice 25 years ago, when the Glock was just making inroads into the LE and sports community. A 586-4 4" was the cheapest new service sidearm I could afford, and I had to borrow the $400 for it :)

It quickly became "obsolete", in the face of the Sig 226; I remember seeing 5 gallon buckets filled with retired agency 64's, 65's, 586's, and Trooper MkV's, and King Cobra's. Like junk. That's how they were though of...

But I could never let-go of affection with those awesome wheels. Who'd a thunk 25 years later...they're gold.

You know, I was a total novice 25 years ago, when the Glock was just making inroads into the LE and sports community. A 586-4 4" was the cheapest new service sidearm I could afford, and I had to borrow the $400 for it :)

It quickly became "obsolete", in the face of the Sig 226; I remember seeing 5 gallon buckets filled with retired agency 64's, 65's, 586's, and Trooper MkV's, and King Cobra's. Like junk. That's how they were though of...

But I could never let-go of affection with those awesome wheels. Who'd a thunk 25 years later...they're gold.

King Cobra's....man. Auto's will never be as beautiful to be as a stainless or nickel revolver.

I run CZ Forum, so yeah. :) I know I am committing heresy, but I don't like ARs, last time I fired one was an M16A1 in 1984, couldn't stand that SPROINGGGG in my ear, never shot another one. It shoots straight, low recoil, and absolute fun.

I run CZ Forum, so yeah. :) I know I am committing heresy, but I don't like ARs, last time I fired one was an M16A1 in 1984, couldn't stand that SPROINGGGG in my ear, never shot another one. It shoots straight, low recoil, and absolute fun.

Excellent videos, nice work! That thing looks like a lot of fun to shoot.

Good to meet another forum admin here too :)

Which types of guns are your gig?

Is that the .30 cal one?

Yes. I have always been partial to hand gun/carbine pairs. I had this paired with a Ruger .30 Carbine Blackhawk. I sold the Blackhawk when I reduced my inventory and picked .357 magnum for my caliber of choice. I still kept a USGI M1 .30 Carbine simply because it is awefully fun to shoot.

ArmoredMan said "sproinnnng"
"SPROINNNNNG? SPROINNNNNNG!!??!! This isnt a pogo-stick! STEP up here, Soldier, I'll show you sproinnng! This is your RIFLE! THIS is your gun! One is for...""" oops, wrong forum...
<ahem> That sound emanating from the buttstock means that the rifle is operating properly and that you aint deaf.. yet..

It was very, very distracting. Decided I had n further use for a rifle that brings it's own distractions with it. :) I have been told newer ones don't quite make the same noises. Like I said, it's been over 30 years. :D Also, I was never a soldier - I Was a US Navy sailor and the rifle I was issued was an M-14. Love that old fence post, but never bought an M1A.

Armoredman, Just joshin ya, I picked up on that pogo-stick sound years ago myself. "Distracting" is one term for it and if I didnt know the AR as well as I do it could be a "deal-breaker" for sure.
Hard to beat that M14 in some respects tho I recently let go of my last M1A. And kept my FAL.

Favorite semi-auto, does that equate to semi-auto weapon of choice? There are so many to choose from...
Just in general I guess the AK47 remains my favorite with the Armalite not far behind. For many reasons, and not because there arent any rivals...

I've always found the original Pddddttttttttt sound in the buttstock to be comforting!
New ones don't make that sound..... or quite possibly the sound is below my present hearing threshold? hahaha

I've always found the original Pddddttttttttt sound in the buttstock to be comforting!
New ones don't make that sound..... or quite possibly the sound is below my present hearing threshold? hahaha

I've been wondering about this sound. I don't think I've ever heard it from my Colt 6920.

Like I said, that was an M16A1, (if you can believe it), on the 500 meter range of Ft Huachua in 1984. Two years later I was introduced to the M14. Only two of them were select fire and for good reasons - damn things were impossible to keep on target in "rock and roll" setting. Only sound I hear my BREN 805 make is a bang and the scream of the target...I mean, "bong" on the steel....

Like I said, that was an M16A1, (if you can believe it), on the 500 meter range of Ft Huachua in 1984. Two years later I was introduced to the M14. Only two of them were select fire and for good reasons - damn things were impossible to keep on target in "rock and roll" setting. Only sound I hear my BREN 805 make is a bang and the scream of the target...I mean, "bong" on the steel....

Ah missed that part. That was certainly a while ago :D

Mainly my AK's and Glock's. Though I'll change it up sometimes with my Sig 516 or LMT CQB MRP 16 AR's...
20170416_112555.jpg

New Resource Reviews

Back Top