JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You've already seen my last two builds in another thread, but here they are again:

20200426_200438.jpg 20200426_200508.jpg 20200426_200521.jpg 20200426_200555.jpg 20200514_122415.jpg 20200514_122435.jpg 20200514_122446.jpg 20200514_122627.jpg

Looks great, always wanted to do a wood furniture set on a 20". Mine is running the A1 upper, but its the shell deflector and forward assist Canadian C7 style. Was going to get the clone correct colt government profile barrel but really enjoy the socom profiles and had a brand new one in bag with wick still. Figured the fat barrel is under the hand guards anyways so no one will know! I'll post a few close ups shortly.

Thats awesome! I see the barrels showing up on various sites every now and again, usually cage coded, but might be worth snagging one. Colt sure knows how to put out a quality chrome lined barrel.

… … correct-length selector switch … ...
I was unaware there are selectors of multiple lengths. I have seen arms on ambidextrous switches that are short on the right side of the wheppin, but these are aftermarket pieces. I've never seen a short one that looks like an OEM switch on the left side. I like the sculpted aftermarket grips. The problem with those is that the right side is rarely ever formed to allow for a long selector arm. Why do the makers of firearms parts never consider the lefthanded shooter?

that wood furniture is not cheap. Love that Joe it turned out amazing

Thanks man, I really like it. It wasn't cheap, I think I have just under $1k into it, but as a huge Fallout fan I had to have it. It's the first 20" A2 I've shot and it's a pleasure :D

Looking at the length of the barrel on an AR carbine, I can only wish that fourteen inches had been "long enough" for the intellectual flyspecks who wrote NFA 1934. Still, we should be happy that they didn't decide to go even longer. The minimum length for an AR barrel in Germany is 18¾ inches. If you think sixteen inches looks kind o' dopey, imagine something like that sticking out past your gas block.

Is the barrel shown of 14½" in length?

AR-carbine-01.JPG

Last Edited:
Man, if the minimum was 18.75 inches, I'd skip the carbines all together and just build A2 rifle lengths. Smooth shooting, faster muzzle velocity, storage compartment in the stock, only downside is its musket-like dimensions. Also, you are correct, thats a 14.5" on the A1 Carbine. Here is a couple pictures of the FNMI 20" A2 I recently put together. Plain Jane, no BS A2. 0-1.jpeg 0.jpeg

Can't forget the 11.5". This one has the Colt FBI socom profile barrel. Had previously only built 10.3/10.5" , 14.5" and 20" length rifles, but this one opened up a whole new category of barrel lengths for me. 0-8.jpeg

Last Edited:
Love the style man! I get tired of seeing the same thing all day :)

Thanks. My first AR-15 is a Diamondback DB15 that is all black. I do like it, but I decided that I wanted to do some themed/colored rifles. I actually like all four of them that I have built. The Snowflake 6.5 Grendel is the one that shoots the smoothest.

Can't forget the 11.5". This one has the Colt FBI socom profile barrel. Had previously only built 10.3/10.5" , 14.5" and 20" length rifles, but this one opened up a whole new category of barrel lengths for me. View attachment 7889

Nice! I have an 11.5" pistol with a brace which is probably my favorite AR. Such a versatile size!

Yeah the 11.5" have the best balance of all the uppers I have handled. If you don't mind me asking, which brace are your running? Before I did the form 1, I was running the sba3 and loved it.

New Resource Reviews

Back Top