JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
View attachment 648 While I love my 7.62 AR, I just drool all over my mini-14. Basic rifle, but just so darn fun to shoot.

I have to admit, I've never found the attraction to the Mini-14. My curiosity is getting to the point where I'm going to have to find and shoot one, as the owners seem to really like them :)

It'll end up like potato chips..... you can't do just one.

Oh man, ain't that the truth!

If you get a Mini, get a newer one with the thicker barrel - the old pencil barrel whips like an antenna in the breeze, never could get good accuracy out of any of the Mini-14s I had. When the NRA version came out with the thicker tube, things got better. Another accuracy enhancer is the Accu-Strut.
MadDuner said:
It'll end up like potato chips..... you can't do just one.
Sure I can, if all I can afford is one. :) State slaves don't make much money down here. :(

If you get a Mini, get a newer one with the thicker barrel - the old pencil barrel whips like an antenna in the breeze, never could get good accuracy out of any of the Mini-14s I had. When the NRA version came out with the thicker tube, things got better. Another accuracy enhancer is the Accu-Strut.

Sure I can, if all I can afford is one. :) State slaves don't make much money down here. :(
They magically appear in the safe overnight!
That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

FN/FAL, they just dont get any better! Right arm of the free world!
Still have a love afair with the M1 Garand and my M1-A N.M. and my BM-59! All are basically the same thing really. But each is it's own animal!
If I had to go fight again, it would hands down be my FAL I grab! Can go from standard fighting rifle to D.M.R. in two heartbeats! Can't do that with any other semi auto rifle platform!

Having sampled what a true DMR in.308 is capable of, I built a very special FAL that can really stretch the limits of this chambering!
The main idea was to test the FAL design to see just how good it could be made to shoot while remaining very close to a "Standard" Battle Rifle. This one didn't disappoint. Would still choose it over any other rifle, and for a DMR, it's hands down in unbeatable! Now do the same to a Garand, and things get intersting, with the advantages of that chambering, one could expect it to perform awesome!

Sounds good to me @SKrueger maybe we should import the really cool people from "Up North" and forget the riffraff and trouble makers! Lol:D:cool:
It's kind of nice being in a free ( sorta) State down here! And Tuson isn't as friggin hot as Px!

I have thought many times brother about moving there. The kids live in Phoenix so I am sure some day we will end up somewhere in AZ. If the PNW keeps pushing there bull sheit agenda it may be sooner than I want it to be.

I do really miss the Ranch up in Colorado, it's so nice and quiet up there, the air is crisp and clear, no noise from airplanes, no yellow haze over the cities ( except Denver) and a much more mellow and relaxed atmosphere, and besides the anti gun politicos, a very pro gun state! Nice thing about Az is it's closer to home for us, only about 14 hours drive, vs 3 hard days and nights in chitty hotels!
About the only thing I miss about OryGun is the fishing! ( and the many friends, You and Joe, Steve, Tony, Eric, ect) and while I don't mind visiting, the idea of ever living there again really dosnt appeal to me!

Having sampled what a true DMR in.308 is capable of, I built a very special FAL that can really stretch the limits of this chambering!

I didn't know FAL's were capable of that level of accuracy. You need to post another thread and show it off!

Just insight but if we are not careful this place is going to turn into NWFA only with all the cool people! :p:D

This place could use the activity :D

I have thought many times brother about moving there.

You and I both man. It'll be either Arizona, Nevada, or Idaho if I ever leave Portland (which is a good possibility if it continues in the direction it's headed).

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Sandy, UT

New Resource Reviews

Back Top