JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My buddy has had his heart set on getting a Desert Eagle for a while now. He's just getting back in the gun game so for a while we thought he was joking, turns out he's not. A few buddies and I BS via group text about guns on a daily basis, enabling each others unhealthy addiction. Shortly after 8pm on Tuesday evening one of the guys sends a link to a pretty good deal on a Desert Eagle for sale over in Bend, OR (~3.5 hours away). I jokingly reply that I'd buy it if he drove me over there. Big mistake -- to my surprise he agreed! Joking or not I couldn't back out, right?? :D

Having never owned or shot a Desert Eagle and having a love for impractical guns, I knew I had to own at some point (even for just a little while). I'll be honest, growing up with video games has me conditioned to believe a Desert Eagle isn't a Desert Eagle unless it's the .50AE version (and this one's .44 Magnum). However, I already shoot .44 Magnum, from what I hear it's the most liked by people who are 'into' these guns, and being an XIX I have the option of purchasing a .50AE barrel.

Knowing I'd want to shoot this thing as soon as possible, I posted this thread asking about places to shoot on the way home. We were fortunate enough to find the perfect spot and I have to say that this was honestly one of the guns I've had the most fun shooting.

IMG_4960.JPG IMG_4964.JPG IMG_4966.JPG IMG_4975.JPG

My buddy has had his heart set on getting a Desert Eagle for a while now. He's just getting back in the gun game so for a while we thought he was joking, turns out he's not. A few buddies and I BS via group text about guns on a daily basis, enabling each others unhealthy addiction. Shortly after 8pm on Tuesday evening one of the guys sends a link to a pretty good deal on a Desert Eagle for sale over in Bend, OR (~3.5 hours away). I jokingly reply that I'd buy it if he drove me over there. Big mistake -- to my surprise he agreed! Joking or not I couldn't back out, right?? :D

Having never owned or shot a Desert Eagle and having a love for impractical guns, I knew I had to own at some point (even for just a little while). I'll be honest, growing up with video games has me conditioned to believe a Desert Eagle isn't a Desert Eagle unless it's the .50AE version (and this one's .44 Magnum). However, I already shoot .44 Magnum, from what I hear it's the most liked by people who are 'into' these guns, and being an XIX I have the option of purchasing a .50AE barrel.

Knowing I'd want to shoot this thing as soon as possible, I posted this thread asking about places to shoot on the way home. We were fortunate enough to find the perfect spot and I have to say that this was honestly one of the guns I've had the most fun shooting.

View attachment 479 View attachment 480 View attachment 481 View attachment 482

That's just purdy!

View attachment 479 View attachment 480 View attachment 481 View attachment 482

sweet

my brother has an sp101. i load some hot hot 357 for that guy. its awesome to shoot but you definitely can feel it in the hand/arm

Yeah my hand is a little sore today after shooting yesterday. Found out today that the DE requires full power loads and it's optimized for the 240 grain cartridges.

Yeah my hand is a little sore today after shooting yesterday. Found out today that the DE requires full power loads and it's optimized for the 240 grain cartridges.

Just make sure you do not shoot lead bullets. If you do, you will end up with a prdy paperweight. If you reload, I found I needed to use the upper level loads, so begining about midrange and work up worked for me.

Aluminium, or brass cases ? What do you mean by, 'Lock up tight' ? I sure do not want that happening to mine. Did you get it fixed ?

The Blazer aluminum ammo, it was so dirty my Desert Eagle's slide locked up. The range had a vise with
rubber jaws and they just clamped the slide in the vise and hit the grip until it opened. I never used Blazer ammo
in that gun again

New Resource Reviews

Back Top