JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah my hand is a little sore today after shooting yesterday. Found out today that the DE requires full power loads and it's optimized for the 240 grain cartridges.

Your hand isn't sore from the recoil, your hand is sore from supporting all 9lbs of handgun out at full extension. Congrats on the new toy, now we have plenty more ammunition for joshing you in the future :)

The Blazer aluminum ammo, it was so dirty my Desert Eagle's slide locked up. The range had a vise with
rubber jaws and they just clamped the slide in the vise and hit the grip until it opened. I never used Blazer ammo
in that gun again

Thanks for the update. I have used Blazer brass, but have not used the aluminum case stuff, and I won't. I've used the Blazer Brass in my .357 magnum Desert Eagle without any problems. Though I have never seen any Blazer Brass in .44 magnum, if I ever come across any, I would not be against trying a box of it. I say this simply because I reload and figure if I can shoot my stuff in my DE .44 magnum I can shoot Blazer Brass loads.

Years ago I sent my Desert Eagle it for a dual port job, I can empty an extended mag in no time and the gun barely kicks
Say Joe have you seen the extended magazines made for the 44 Mag Desert Eagle?

I remember reading this back in the day ... indicate MR has this size (10 round .44 magnum)

4e436e2249c00f902981ba39ce4301e13b86a586.jpg

i dont know if you guys are familiar with these mags but they are 10rd 44mag that came with my gun and have magnum research logos on the side.
anyways, just to give you an idea of what it looks like. i wish they were 50 but oh well... 10rds of 44mag is some serious firepower regardless.

I wonder if they still make them.

Years ago I sent my Desert Eagle it for a dual port job, I can empty an extended mag in no time and the gun barely kicks
Say Joe have you seen the extended magazines made for the 44 Mag Desert Eagle?

I haven't, those look awesome!

This gun is a lot like my Bushmaster .50 BMG...... Or marrying a stripper. Expensive, impractical, high maintenance...... But you still want it anyway. I'm considering the .50 A.E. in the Stainless version with the ported barrel. It's hard to justify, but it's a beautifully crafted piece of machinery. And one you'll never tire of looking at.

This gun is a lot like my Bushmaster .50 BMG...... Or marrying a stripper. Expensive, impractical, high maintenance...... But you still want it anyway. I'm considering the .50 A.E. in the Stainless version with the ported barrel. It's hard to justify, but it's a beautifully crafted piece of machinery. And one you'll never tire of looking at.

You may get tired from carrying it tho...

So the big question is how much did it cost you???? Or are you keeping it a secret from your wife? A bit of subterfuge most of us can probably relate to.

I've owned several throughout the years; was fortunate to pick them up cheap at shows and auctions. My first was a MK XIX Component system. Only combo I've ever been able to get acceptable accuracy from was .357 w/long barrel. Their awful fun to shoot though, still own 3 of them. Should probably sell 1 at least. Have extra chrome .44mag barrel I've never used also. If anyone's looking lemme know. One of these days I'll get off my duff and clear out a roomful of stuff I'm unlikely to ever use or shoot again. Old age is an insidious thing.

Possibly the most fun I've ever had with one was putting it in 12 y/o stepsons hands. Telling him now go rewatch your movie where that little girl runs around with 2 of 'em, shooting them 1 handed! His arm almost fell off trying to rack the slide. Hehehehe.... Fun with youngsters.....

So the big question is how much did it cost you???? Or are you keeping it a secret from your wife? A bit of subterfuge most of us can probably relate to.

I've owned several throughout the years; was fortunate to pick them up cheap at shows and auctions. My first was a MK XIX Component system. Only combo I've ever been able to get acceptable accuracy from was .357 w/long barrel. Their awful fun to shoot though, still own 3 of them. Should probably sell 1 at least. Have extra chrome .44mag barrel I've never used also. If anyone's looking lemme know. One of these days I'll get off my duff and clear out a roomful of stuff I'm unlikely to ever use or shoot again. Old age is an insidious thing.

Possibly the most fun I've ever had with one was putting it in 12 y/o stepsons hands. Telling him now go rewatch your movie where that little girl runs around with 2 of 'em, shooting them 1 handed! His arm almost fell off trying to rack the slide. Hehehehe.... Fun with youngsters.....

If I recall correctly I paid $1300 + transfer, which seems like a pretty good deal for the chrome version. That's hilarious about your stepson, racking that slide is no joke even for a grown man! I've been extremely happy with it and it's been a ton of fun. Unfortunately, I think I might be listing it for sale soon to help pay for some home repairs. I'll hold out if I can though :D

If I recall correctly I paid $1300 + transfer, which seems like a pretty good deal for the chrome version. That's hilarious about your stepson, racking that slide is no joke even for a grown man! I've been extremely happy with it and it's been a ton of fun. Unfortunately, I think I might be listing it for sale soon to help pay for some home repairs. I'll hold out if I can though :D

I feel for you. Was once in a relationship where I was informed I'd have to get rid of some guns to make room for her stuff. Being the hopeless romantic I am, I decided to keep the guns and get rid of the girl.
My present lady was schooled in the liberal arts and terrified of guns till I took her to the range. I created a monster! Many years my junior, she'd drag me to the range every day if I allowed it.

She's easy to get gifts for! CCW class was one of them our first Xmas together.

Good luck with the home repairs. Hope you don't have to sell any of the pets. It's strange, I kept running into deals on DE's you couldn't say no to after selling or trading previous ones. Guess I was meant to have one........ Or 3.....
But seriously at least 1 needs to go. Matte black one first on the block. High polish chrome just GOTTA keep for my Guido the Killer Pimp alter ego.

My first Desert Eagle I got at a gunshow, it was a private sale $600 cash,
The gun was in perfect shape and still had some cosmoline inside it. I still have
that one, it's the blackened basic version model XIX the gen 2 with serrated safety levers
in 44 mag

Upcoming Events

Crossroads of the West Gun Show
Las Vegas, NV

New Resource Reviews

Back Top