JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I sent my little mouse gun back to S&W for some "non-warranty" repairs. I am not the first owner of this revolver, and I have no idea when it was originally purchased.

I took it out to a little shoot in Kentucky and wile I was there shooting it and letting everyone else shoot it, the compensator went "missing" . . . . . .

upload_2019-7-22_12-59-13-png.png

upload_2019-7-22_12-59-25-png.png

I tried all over the internet in vain to locate another compensator to purchase, but was coming up empty. I couldn't find one for sale anywhere.

A quick online inquiry with S&W . . . . . they said, "Send it back."

This was the first gun I ever sent back to the "mother ship" for repairs and I was kind of apprehensive about it. I mean, they have my gun . . . . . What if the repair cost was a couple of bazillion bucks? What if I couldn't / didn't want to get it fixed?

I wasn't sure how it all would play out. They said they needed to "evaluate" the gun before they will tell me if it is covered under warranty or not. I told them I was willing to just pay for a replacement and install it myself, but they wouldn't hear of it. I guess they need to see if there was any collateral damage in the loss.

Anyway, I was told that they would send me an "estimate" of repair by snail mail. Not e-mail, no call, but snail mail. I was fearful that the "estimate" would come in at a sphincter tightening amount, but just for grins & giggles I asked them to include in the repair estimate the cost for an extra set or two of compensators, just in case I ever forget to tighten the little screw that holds it in place.

I was lucky enough to have had a guy videoing the gun while it was being shot, just in case S&W asked for documentation of the point of failure. Here are a couple photos of the compensators wayward journey.

upload_2019-7-22_13-6-58-png.png

upload_2019-7-22_13-7-27-png.png

Anyway, I heard back from S&W last week on the return of my revolver for evaluation and my request to purchase an additional compensator or two for my 460XVR.

Their reply came in the form of a box . . . . . . .

In the box I found this . . . . . . . .

upload_2019-7-22_13-10-55-png.png

upload_2019-7-22_13-26-12-png.png

I never did get a call. No invoice in the mail. They just sent back the gun with a compensator installed.

As to my request to purchase a couple extra sets (in case I forget to make sure it is tightened again) . . . .

They threw two (2) sets of spare compensators in the box - two lead bullet compensators, and two copper jacket compensators - again, no invoice, and they paid the shipping both ways . . . . .

What the heck? I was willing to pay for a spare set. It was mostly my fault the first one went missing. Not knowing that I needed to tighten these down before and after every shooting session and all.

Anyway, uber kudos to Smith and Wesson for their stellar customer service!

That was exceedingly nice of S & W to provide such an excess of positive customer service to you. It's obvious they want to keep their customers and to create more. Actions and outcomes like what you've experienced go a long way to do just that. If they were really smart, they'd create a print advertisement about your problem and its eventual solution...

New Resource Reviews

Back Top