JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

His looked kinda like this, but nicer!

This is it, and yes, this is the one that has been re-homed. The other one is an M1D model with a walnut stock. I like the option to run it with the Lyman Alaskan or not. Versatility is important.

And if two is one and one is none, then what do I have if I have nine or ten 1903, 03a3, and 03a4 rifles?

I got rid of this cerakote gun when I still had my shop. I went through .30-30 after .30-30 trying to find exactly what I wanted. I finally built this one. Pre-crossbolt safety 30as (Marlin 336 with a nose cap handguard). Shortened the barrel, eliminated the front barrel band, soldered on the XS front sight, fit XS rail, found factory laminate furniture and put it on a diet. Everything I wanted in a lever gun.
Had it in my shop during deer season shortly before I closed my shop. Had a customer see it and inquire as to having me build them one. I said sure. They said after deer season they'd come see me. They came back the next day and asked if I would just sell them mine. I said I really didn't want to sell it. They asked what the I don't want to sell it price was. I gave them what I thought was too high a number. He peeled off the cash and walked out with my baby...

CB25709F-F1E2-4DAC-937A-FC9AFE10F370.jpeg

Nah, got a smoking deal on a pre-64 Winchester 94 which is filling the need for now. I will build another at some point, as it was the perfect Westside Oregon blacktail rifle. Laminated stock and cerakote made it damn near weather impervious...

I have been meaning to get my Marlin 1897 XLR Ceracoated, the polished stainless is to..............Blingy for me!
Once I get around to it, a few nice mods and better sights, should be a very fine all weather rifle for every thing I could ever need!

New Resource Reviews

Back Top