JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Now they're attacking reloading and muzzle loaders.

The ATF/DOJ is going after reloaders now. This was quietly snuck in by the ATF:

"The Department of Justice is proposing to amend Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives ("ATF") regulations to require that any person who stores explosive materials notify on an annual basis the authority having jurisdiction for fire safety in the locality in which the explosive materials are being stored of the type of explosives, magazine capacity, and location of each site where such materials are stored. In addition, the proposed rule requires any person who stores explosive materials to notify the authority having jurisdiction for fire safety in the locality in which the explosive materials were stored whenever storage is discontinued. These changes are intended to increase public safety."

This is aimed at "any person who stores explosives", that's you and me boys and girls. Submit a comment and write your congress person. Explosives per ATF definition is "any chemical compound, mixture, or device, the primary or common purpose of which is to function by explosion." So, you muzzle loaders get screwed too.

Call and write your federal representatives and leave a comment on this rule.

https://www.federalregister.gov/doc...torage-facilities-to-the-local-fire-authority

Black powder is regulated differently than smokeless powder. Also, under a few different regulations, if the powder is in 8lb plastic kegs, it is considered "limited quantity" and ships as flammable solid in most cases. You can look up NFPA 495, that's really the standard, in most cases your cleo or fire chief is not going to care what you're storing and will probably be more annoyed by the contact.

You are right, but. with this rule change ATF is giving themselves the right to come in and inspect at any reasonable time. They can also request a copy of the letter you sent to the Local FD which you must keep for five years.

Look at the guy they just arrested for J6. Somehow the FBI learned he had a Liberty gun safe, probably through an illegal request to one or multiple credit card companies for all of his firearms related purchases, then retrieved a master combination to his safe through an illegal request to Liberty Safe.

Put that all together and you find that ATF can find out you bought powder, defined as an "explosive", which means they have a free reign to come and "inspect".

Your fourth amendment right went out the window.

I'll be honest, I'm a little blackpilled on this subject. I was born and raised in CA, I saw it go from a reliably red state, into being controlled by a democratic supermajority. I have lived in a non-permissive environment on and off for most of 30 years. I've seen the laws that were passed to go after terrorists be turned against the american citizens within just a few short years of them passing, and those laws have never in any meaningful way been used to stop terrorism. The TSA has never stopped a single terrorist, hundreds of TSA agents (maybe >1000 by now) have been arrested for theft and criminal misconduct.

Fundamentally, the constitution is just a piece of paper, democracy is just whatever the powerful say it is. If you haven't been working out ways to get around all of the paperwork then you aren't even trying.

My father was a Democrat and a Judge in Iowa. Some men showed up pushing the registration of fire arms looking for fathers support. When he became a judge he became "A political". Never taking a side. Mom and I were "asked" to give up our public political affiliations. (republican)
Dad was against the registration of firearms and even at my tender age took the time to explain it to me. Fast forward to the 21 century the idea of putting my personal stash information into a database that has "government" security scares the hell out of me. I am no Charlton Heston. I also do not show people what I own nor do I talk about it in open public places. The stuff is mine and I am not one of the people the world needs to worry about, until the world wants to come after people like me. Push me far enough I guarantee you will get something you do not want. I am not going quietly into the night.

The last pic is from a friend in Europe. Being born on the continent and speaking 3 languages he has no foundation to understand the American West even in the 21st century.

Screenshot_15.jpg security.jpg shotheard.jpg usabreakfast.jpg

I can't remember who I was talking to recently, but they were no to "the west" I think they had spent most of their life on the eastern seaboard, and the like, and in some ways just couldn't wrap their heads around how big this place is. Land shapes people, people shape lands. Whenever I'm east of the Miss, I always get a bit claustrophibic, and start to itch for the deserts. After a while every molecule of your being gets replaced by the environment that surrounds you.

I remember walking into the Crystal Pistol, and old bar near Thunderbird and Scottsdale Road when I move to Phoenix in 70. Thunderbird was gravel going east. Horses tied up outside and the cowboys were packing .45 Colt revolvers, chaps, boots and spurs. That is when I realized this was the place for me. Started carrying then. Great lunch burger.

I remember walking into the Crystal Pistol, and old bar near Thunderbird and Scottsdale Road when I move to Phoenix in 70. Thunderbird was gravel going east. Horses tied up outside and the cowboys were packing .45 Colt revolvers, chaps, boots and spurs. That is when I realized this was the place for me. Started carrying then. Great lunch burger.
Sounds like that joke about the fisherman who throws the boat oar over his shoulder and walks inland until someone says "what's that".

New Resource Reviews

Back Top