Welcome to Southwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Need Help With Rifle Identification...

Reactions
Nothing irks me more than manufacturers (of any kind of product) who don't put model numbers on their items. I need assistance to positively identify a rifle. I thought is was just a .300 Weatherby Magnum, but it is marked Winchester (it is chambered in .300 Weatherby Magnum). Please look at the pictures and tell me if this is a Winchester Model 70. Thanks in advance.

Winchester 300 Weatherby 1.jpg

Winchester 300 Weatherby 2.jpg

Reactions
That's what it looks like to me......
Yeah; the sweep of the bolt handle gives it away. The ball is round, too. Definitely not a Remington; no recoil lug. Not a Savage, but it is a good find if you're thinkin' about buying it...

Attached is my dad's Model 70 from 1946. Notice the sweep of the bolt handle. Looks just like the one above. Notice the shape of the wrist. Looks just like the one above. Click on the image to make it big.

Model 70.JPG

Last edited:

LATEST REVIEWS

• Bass Pro Shops - Las Vegas
    4.00 star(s)
    2 pistol and 2 rifle ranges. Not too bad of a layout but they are tight.
    • djthumper
  • Nellis Gun Club
    3.00 star(s)
    Tried to take my Scouts out for Rifle Merit Badge Qualifications and it took a while to make contact with them for when we could go use the range...
    • djthumper
  • Bruno Shooter Supply
    4.00 star(s)
    When I can get there, I never leave without buying something I needs, because they always have something I need!
    • armoredman
  • New Frontier Armory
    5.00 star(s)
    Great store and inventory, they have a lot of items. The staff is always friendly and helpful. This place gets really busy and you have to take a...
    • djthumper
  • Las Vegas Shooting Center
    5.00 star(s)
    Lots of room to get around in the store. The range looked nicely lit. Friendly staff.
    • djthumper